• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Borla kits for CSVT?

1Sicgt

CEG'er
I know Borla doesn't make a direct kit for the CSVT, but has anyone used either the XR1 mufflers, stinger mufflers, or the Borla Boomers? The 2nd CSVT I got had 1 chamber flows, after a mangaflow resonator and I really want to swap it out for something clean and deep toned. :shrug:

I know Borla doesn't make a direct kit for the CSVT, but has anyone used either the XR1 mufflers, stinger mufflers, or the Borla Boomers? The 2nd CSVT I got had 1 chamber flows, after a mangaflow resonator and I really want to swap it out for something clean and deep toned. :shrug:

Actually they did and you may still be able to get it... Link. I thought they discontinued it (Bolra P/N 14868), but this place still shows it available. The previous owner of my car had it installed when I picked it up with the blow engine. Very nice system if you can get your hands on it.

Edit: This place shows it cheaper, $799

The Borla XR-1 round case mufflers with the multiple perforated tubes are very good at suppressing rasp, but they are expensive. The oval case XR-1's are very good as well. I have a large Borla XR-1 round case muffler as a resonator on the 3" single exhaust on my supercharged Taurus SHO, and that exhaust has the sweetest, deepest, evil low growl I've ever heard on a high revving V6 with a large bore single exhaust.
001215-104339_020.jpg

Ordinarily, chambered mufflers are going to be a bit raspy on high revving V6's, where-as proper perforated core mufflers with stainless or ceramic wool packing will be more absorptive at high frequencies and have a deeper, more pleasing tone.

i got a xr1 oval on my cougar with svt 2.5 and port and polish headers intake and headers and highflow cat....people look at me constently because it sounds so deep it can pass for a mustang. no rasp at all best 200 bucks ive ever spent

Back