• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Body work advice??

TK95Contour

CEG'er
As some of you may know i was recently in a accident with my SE. Now ive replaced the fender and the trunklid while i was at it. I'm supposed to drop my car off at a local body shop for a paintjob monday morning for a paint, but I want to try the bodywork myself. Its nearly perfect except for a few nickle-sized dings here and there and about a 6 inch scratch dent that isnt very deep on the doors. The reason i want to try this myself instead of paying somebody to do it is for one, the car costs $1000 and i want to keep it as cheap as possible and two, i want to get some bodywork experience. I plan to wetsand the entire car with 600 grit (feel free to correct me anytime) and work to a finer grit sand paper, put the least amount possible of body filler(Whats a good filler to use??) in the dents and dings. I plan to be very picky with myself as after the paints done its gonna be final.

So does anybody have any input/advice on what i should and shouldnt do???? I need all the help i can get!!

:help: Thanks, will post pics later in reference to damage....

IMG00038.jpg

Back