• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

body kit

FordRacing424

New CEG'er
ok ... i know that my dump posts are not the best but i have a 99 mercury mystique ls and i was looking for a body kit so does anybody know of a brand that would fit or how to fit one from a contour ?

Yea do the oem svt bumpers and side skirts they look the best,body kits are weird looking but lol

and You dont need to mod the svt front bumper to fit a 99 mystique it bolts right up,i did it to my 99 mystique back in 2002 and it looks awsome.

If you must, go with the SVT

But you sound young, so word of advice don't dump mod money into a mystique ls. Put that money towards beer, and after you get a degree and a real job you can get a nice car. Trust me, you'll be much happier in the long run and a year from now you won't have to regret looking like a ••••ing ricer retard with a kitted mercury mystique when you grow out of the phase.

Only one car in my opinion can pass with a body kit is the almighty sc300 it-1994_lexus_sc3&#4.jpg

Yea i would not spend money on a body kit that will crack and look like butt,id spend it on maintenance,svt front rear bumpers and side skirts,suspension,brakes and engine,rims etc.......but if you really want a body kit in the end its your car and do what you want to do.........people might tease you and it might attract cops but if you really want it be prepared to be teased and laughed at im just saying.....Contour svt oem kit looks sleek and mature.....body kits look ghetto imo.....i see soooooo many in Dallas on all kinds of cars from dodge avengers and even suvs and of coarse Honda civics ,they just make the car look very odd and weird

Ohh , I completely agree ... When I say body kit I mean something to make my car look a bit than stock , I'm not a fan of flashy so anything of that like I mean this car is 13 year old and just turned 56 k miles and has no real problems so I was just looking to dress it up a bit

Ohh , I completely agree ... When I say body kit I mean something to make my car look a bit than stock , I'm not a fan of flashy so anything of that like I mean this car is 13 year old and just turned 56 k miles and has no real problems so I was just looking to dress it up a bit

Yea look into getting a svt front bumper it looks cool on the 99 mystique and just go from there,there is a guy selling one in the classifieds

Yea when im done with my csvt and my 99 accord,ill be getting a sc300,but it wont be for awhile i have a lot to do an my accord and svt lol

If you must, go with the SVT

But you sound young, so word of advice don't dump mod money into a mystique ls. Put that money towards beer, and after you get a degree and a real job you can get a nice car. Trust me, you'll be much happier in the long run and a year from now you won't have to regret looking like a ••••ing ricer retard with a kitted mercury mystique when you grow out of the phase.

That advice is right on.

there is no modification required for a post 98 mystique.

To install it there is no modification however on the ones that I have seen the finished product of a swap doesn't quite look right because he grille sits kind of funny on the SVT bumper...

To install it there is no modification however on the ones that I have seen the finished product of a swap doesn't quite look right because he grille sits kind of funny on the SVT bumper...

I did it to my 99 mystique i had back in 2002 and if you see one in person it really doesnt look bad at all with a svt front bumper.....but imo a 99 mystique with the polished wheels look nice even in bone stock form,i just dont like the regular contour bumper of any year,but mystiques i thought always had the nicest front end any year.....but i love the csvt front lol

Back