• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Bleeding problem or retainer spring prob?

Humboldtkill

CEG'er
Hi, i have searched but cannot to see any common problems to my brake issue. I had good brakes but im going on a fun run and wanted to slap on my powerslot rotors and hawk pads i had stockpiled in my garage. Anyway last time i did the brakes all was good, but this time i painted the calipers and had to disconnect the lines. Everything went together fine abd the system was bled. I went to test them and pedal to the floor. I have to put it to the floor then pump it quick to stop. This makes me think air is still in the lines. Any special tricks on this car to bleed the system? Im stumped.

If you've done the job once and it was fine I would assume you installed the spring correctly and its not the issue. However on these cars that spring messes everything up so I would double check each side before you start trying to bleed the rear brakes.

You hit it on the head! Springs were on wrong. Thanks to some searching I found very good pictures of the correct way. I guess it happens more than you would think.

Back