• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

BlackBetty's 3L

BlackBetty

CEG'er
Hey guys,

I posted this on NECO a while back but I never gave anyone over here on CEG an update!

Back in November the old 2.5L took a turn for the worse. I was blowing blue smoke for quite some time so I was picking up parts for the 3L swap slowly since it was only a matter of time.

Sure enough the car started miss-firing and running really rough.

I was hoping that the 2.5L would run until I was done college (one more semester) but that wasn't the case. So due to being crunched for time and not having the know-how to do the swap myself (or the time to learn) I got it done at the dealership my brother works at, who gave me a great price.

I went with an engine from Chris (www.3Lduratec.com) and I'm super happy I did. He was awesome throughout the entire transaction and the motor was in awesome condition. Since my brother worked there I was able to go to the back lots to speak with the mechanic and see the progress.

He had no issues with anything, I also picked up a MTX trans from the forums to drop in with the motor since my old trans had a cracked case which was band-aided with JB Weld.

Parts included:
Ported 3.0L
MTX Trans
SVT Clutch/slave
Fidnaza Flywheel
Torsen
19lbs injectors
NPG tune (94 oct.)

Plus all my old bolt on's: (copied from my CarDomain)
SVT UIM
SVT LIM
SVT TB
19lbs Injectors
ASP Underdrive Pulley
Bomz Intake /c Custom Cougar's intake extension /c K&N
Weapon-R Shorty Headers (Jet-hot coated)
MSDS Y-pipe (Jet-hot coated)
Main Cat removed
2.5" Cat back exhaust to a 3" tip
Dynomax resonator
Dynomax Welded flow-through muffler
94A Polyurethane filled front roll restrictor
94A Polyurethane filled rear/trans roll restrictor

Pics!

The lucky Cougar..
166807_491242984507_501899507_5591356_3358925_n.jpg

3.0L arrived
c1957795.jpg

Accessory swap
d3aa1ebc.jpg

Old motor out..
5ed3a14f.jpg

Ready to go!
11fd630a.jpg

It took about 10 days? 2 weeks.. something like that, and they got me a great deal on a rental I could beat the hell out of :laugh:

Everything is all said and done and I'm loving the new power! This motor should have been in these cars from factory. Also I can finally enjoy all my suspension upgrades because I can actually drive the car without it miss-firing.

This was the readers digest version, for the original build thread check out the link on NECO--->http://www.newcougar.org/forums/3-0...7041-betty-goes-under-knife.html?daysprune=-1

Back