• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

black paint job

Hayabusa9900

CEG'er
sry guys i dont have pics first of bc its so hard to get a good pic but i have a black 98 csvt and i spilled some hydraulic fluid on the hood so after work i buffed the hood and polished the whole car... in the past i have noticed what i thought was rock chips in the hood and stuff but after doing all this to my car yesterday i have found that the entire car has these little white speckle/scratches in the eniter car so its definately not rock chips... any ideas as to what happened... my car has no sun fade on it or anything so im slightly confused

Common problem with the black CSVT's(maybe all Contiques?). I have a '99 CSVT that has been waxed regularly, and parked in the garage at home with the exact same problem. Makes me crazy when I wash it too!

-Aaron

o it pisses me off so bad... like i wanted to start sanding the whole thing down to repaint it when i was done cleaning it up

its in the clear coat.
another common problem is the crows feet, this is a defect in the primer and when correctly repainting you need to take it to bare metal...it sucks

Back