• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Best Wideband

JesusFreak

Hard-core CEG'er
Looking for the best wideband O2 Kit, gonna be running a Zex kit with window switch, and wot switrch, so what wideband kit should I get? Whats the best?

All the big names are pretty decent. Everyone has had problems with one brand or another. Ive personally delt with a few crapped out Innovate units, people complain about AEM and others too.

Just stick to the AEM, Innovate, NGK and the like and it should fit your purpose pretty well.

You running it full time or just to tune?

I've had an LM-1 unit running for over 3 years now. Straight. Not one problem to date. Awesome unit for the price.

The LC-1 unit is an "easier mountable" and slightly scaled down version of the LM-1. It is also a great unit. You can't go wrong with either.

Innovate if you just want the wideband controller for tuning, AEM if you want to have a full time gauge style.

Innovate if you just want the wideband controller for tuning, AEM if you want to have a full time gauge style.

Uhh...

Innovate if you want to manage everything. Get an LM-1 if you need to data log and dont have an Xcal 2. If you want a gauge get the LC-1 and XD-16 combo. It rules, i have it.

fixed.

Innovate has a good gauge.

Right, innovate Gauge is really nice and ties right up to the LC1.
The LC1 has more outputs than AEM. You can plug right into the jack if you want to datalog with their software or an xcal2 even while you have it running the gauge.

AEM works and costs a bit less but I think the innovate offers more features.
Reliability? I can't say but innovate has had their stuff working longer, the others jumped on the bandwagon afterwards.

I've got an LC-1 sitting on the shelf awaiting the reinstall of my engine.

Tom, does anyone make a cable now so you can directly connect the LC-1 to an xcal2? or do you still have to make your own cable?

the AEM has been good to me for about 7 months, it works constantly. has like 1 option, stoich guage or a/f something like that. you can change the face colors on it by unscrewing the outside. it's a great unit, reads well. i'm happy. you can hook it to a datalogger, it's got extra wires on it, for them. i have it just running stand alone.

I haven't seen one.
Just FYI
You just buy a 1/8" phono jack and wire it to the analog#1 or #2 inputs on the xcal2 cable. THe xcal2 should come with the cable you can cut the end off or buy a male/female adapter for the cable. The cable is a DIN input I think.

9-Pin Din cable. The reason I favor AEM for the full time gauge style is mainly cost related. Innovate does have more bells and whistles.

Back