• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Best drying product???

csvt99

CEG'er
I've been doing some searching and so far I've decided on 3 options: California water blade (or something similar), the Absorber, and waffle weave microfiber towels.

The water blade looks awesome, and I'd probably use another type of towel to dry the little drops the blade doesn't get. However, some of you have expressed concerns about it scratching the paint.

As far as the Absorber and the waffle weave microfiber towels, I've heard good reports on both. Any particular advantages or disadvantages for either one? Which should I go with?

My personal recommendation is to use something that does not contact the surface so there's absolutely no chance of swirl marks or scratches. I use an electric leaf blower. It does a great job of getting standing water out of those difficult places like the windshield cowl.

yeah I actually tried that today since it was so cold out (20 F). It worked but didn't really impress me too much. Maybe the cold temp had something to do with that. The thing that discourages me about that method is that it isn't always practicle (i.e. not very portable,etc.). I should mention that it was a gas powered blower.

My personal recommendation is to use something that does not contact the surface so there's absolutely no chance of swirl marks or scratches. I use an electric leaf blower. It does a great job of getting standing water out of those difficult places like the windshield cowl.

electricity around water yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikes. I use the absorber myself.

Waffle-weave microfiber is my personal choice... little chance for debris to damage the finish. I like either the Mothers foam core waffle-weave or a large quality waffle-weave towel folded in half -- drape and pull. Touch-up with a waffle-weave wheel & jamb towel; or if I'm using spray wax, a plush towel to finish the drying process.

If you're washing at home with a hose, turn the faucet on very low and rinse with a gentle, flooding stream top-to-bottom in sideways motions and a lot of water will sheet off the car so that you have less to dry.

I use the Cali waterblade as its made out of medical grade silicone and really works great. I follow it up with my large size Griots microfiber drying towel. Its got pockets on each side of it and I sometime step up and just use to dry the entire car, depending on time and mood:cool:

Waffle-weave microfiber is my personal choice... little chance for debris to damage the finish.

If you're washing at home with a hose, turn the faucet on very low and rinse with a gentle, flooding stream top-to-bottom in sideways motions and a lot of water will sheet off the car so that you have less to dry.

x2 the only way to go.

I use to use the Abosorber, that was before WW towels came around. Now I use the CA water blade to remove the majority of the water and the WW to touch up. I've never had any scratching issues w/ the blade. On a nicely waxed car (water is beaded up), it takes less than 10 minutes to remove 90% of the water w/ this combo.

I use to use the Abosorber, that was before WW towels came around. Now I use the CA water blade to remove the majority of the water and the WW to touch up. I've never had any scratching issues w/ the blade. On a nicely waxed car (water is beaded up), it takes less than 10 minutes to remove 90% of the water w/ this combo.

I do a similar thing with the absorber. I very lightly swipe/absorb water away with the absorber, and then use a microfiber towel to completely dry it out. Works very well.

I use a similar method.

CA water blade and wipe the blade occassionally on a damp MF towel.
Finish with a WW.

Back