• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Battery relocation question.

Sprebound

Veteran CEG'er
Ok, so I have everything that I will need to relocate my battery except for a distribution block. What I would like to know is from people who have done this, what is the smallest distribution block that I can get away with using? I know that Steeda's GB uses a 3in/4out fused one...but from what I can tell, I don't think I need anything like that. Basically I am looking for the cheapest solution... I am going to be running 2 gauge wire to the trunk and will be running all of the grounds to a single spot in the engine bay. Would something like this work, for instance:
http://www.tti-plus.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=TTI-BW-GDBS2&click=292

I am not saying I will use that one for sure...but for the positive battery cables under the hood, you don't need a big, fused distro box right? I am planning on getting another fuse like the one for my amp wire and mounting it in the trunk.

well the fused one are nice if you want to wire something like HIDs up to it.

Right now I have an older Knu Knocepts non-fused distribution block, but then again I don't have anything else wired to it either. I needed a smaller one in a pinch and recalled I had this one, no problems to date.

here was the first setup
03-10-08_1908.jpg

I have since then re-run the wires and used a new distribution block ...still need to mount it better if I can

DSC04736.JPG

Last edited:
Back