• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

BAT struts say use similar springs?

dvmeter

CEG'er
So the BAT struts say to use similar springs to their BAT springs with the 1" drop. So what is considered similar? The usual suspects? (eibach, h&r, koni, b&g, etc)? they all range from 1.2-1.6" drop. Is 0.2-0.6inches lower than BAT ok? I see people running some of those combos and say they ride nice at first, but do they hold up? Are those springs acceptable for the BAT struts?

Dustin, why not go with some Konis. they are the struts that are on my old SVT and I currently have a sale on Koni products for 20% off.

Dustin, why not go with some Konis. they are the struts that are on my old SVT and I currently have a sale on Koni products for 20% off.

I didnt know you started selling parts like that till I stumbled across your website last night. I know the koni's seem to be the best but theyre like twice the cost of the BAT's it seems. And this is just my daily driver not my main project. So I'm more inclined to go witht the BAT's. However I am considering the koni springs. And I see you sell those too. If those will be ok with BAT struts then I may go that route. What are the springs going for right now? Are they 20% off aswell? thanks.

Down at the bottom of the page are some related threads... one of them mine, basically asking the same question. I didn't get any push-back when I asked, but now that I've had them, I've seen two threads where people say the BATs will "wear out" because they aren't used with BAT springs. Being totally honest, I don't believe it, but I'm no suspension expert. :)
BTW, I love my setup with BATs and B&G springs.
Erick --

people who say they're working fine prob have never had a really good suspension setup before. BAT struts are not meant for a bigger drop and will wear out. my bat/eibach combo WAS a nice setup, for 15k or so...and then it was just rough like a worn out stock setup with a lower ride hieght. tbh, i'd go koni and be done. they have a warranty and generally honor it. the best setup i've owned was koni/eibach set to soft up soft/f and stiff/r.

I just ordered the BAT Euro sport struts, am going to run them with the stock SVT springs because I don't want to lower the car. With the roads around here in Colorado Springs, it already drags enough stuff that minus 1 inch would limit accessibility to some some important places, like my driveway. Does anyone foresee strut lifetime issues with the BAT struts and stock SVT springs? I got over 100K miles on the OEM SVT struts, they started getting pitchy in acceleration and braking over the past few months.

I always used kyb gr2 they seem to be pretty stiff and they can take a 1.8 drop,i had them on a 97 240sx with eibach sportlines and put over 50,000 miles on them and they were firm as the day i got them on....im putting kyb on my svt in the near future

Back