• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

bang for the buck in OE 16" CSVT tire replacement options?

update - Luke @ Tire Rack is hooking me up w/ a set of 5mm spacers to try before i do anything else, so we'll see how that goes w/r/t resolving the rubbing issue. if these don't work i'll probably have blu_fuz custom-fab a set of 3mm spacers for me.

hoping i won't need longer studs w/ 5mm spacers, but i guess we'll find out later this week.

update - Luke @ Tire Rack is hooking me up w/ a set of 5mm spacers to try before i do anything else, so we'll see how that goes w/r/t resolving the rubbing issue. if these don't work i'll probably have blu_fuz custom-fab a set of 3mm spacers for me.

hoping i won't need longer studs w/ 5mm spacers, but i guess we'll find out later this week.

No offense to Blu_fuz, but why have something custom fabbed that already exists and is cheap?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-WH...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

No offense to Blu_fuz, but why have something custom fabbed that already exists and is cheap?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-WH...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

well, i hadn't seen those actually. i've just been looking for contour/focus parts specifically and hadn't thought about a universal one. the advantage to blu_fuz's version would be that it would be hubcentric and specifically for our bolt pattern, but if the 5mm ones coming to me don't work, i suppose i could give those ebay ones a shot for another few bucks. we'll see - hopefully the 5mm spacers will work (and not require longer studs!).

update: i installed the rear 5mm spacers from tire rack yesterday and took it for a brief drive today - no rubbing that i noticed, and my drive did include some decent cornering opportunities. i'd be interested to see if a 3mm would do just as well, but not bad enough to throw more money at it. i'll be driving the car more this week and will continue to monitor the situation, but the spacers appear to have done the trick. whew!

will take & post pics when weather is better and i have time - it's been raining constantly around here for the last week or more with little relief in sight. at least i don't have to worry about traction in the rain now like i did before i got the new tires! of course, i didn't really worry about it then either - i just didn't drive the car in the rain. :)

225 Ecstas are good, make sure they are z's not v's. I have also been very pleased with yoko's same size and spec.

Back