• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

AZ: Cruisin the (New) Loop 202! September 12

morbid

Hard-core CEG'er
I've seen this posted of FocalJet and AZSS. The last one had a huge turnout... everyone should check it out! I really want to go... if I'm done with my car by then, I'll be there.

(Copied from another forum...)

Cruisin’ the (New) Loop 202!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The brand new Red Mountain 202 has just been finished, completing the second major stretch of the Loop 202 Freeway, let’s check it out!

When: Friday September 12th, 7:30, meet n’ hang out. 8:30 leave to cruise.

Where: Meeting at Arizona State University’s lot 59 on the Northeast corner of Rio Salado Parkway and Rural Rd (~1/2 mile south of the Rural/Scottsdale Rd Exit 7 off of the Loop 202)

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Tempe&am...geocode=ADDRESS

Who: Everyone! The bigger the better!

Cruise Route: From the intersection of Rio Salado and Rural Rd: North on Rural Rd to the loop 202, turn right (East) to get onto the loop 202, follow it until it ends

Afterwards: Friday Night Drags at Firebird! $20 run what you got, more info can be found on Firebird’s web site here:

http://www.firebirdraceway.com/web/streetdrags.html

Firebird is located less than a mile from the end of the cruise route, almost like they planned it that way or something!

Charity: I will be going around in lot 59 collecting donations for Big Brothers Big Sisters, suggested donation is $5, but it is COMPLETELY optional.

The cruise that we did when the San Tan 202 (south end) opened up two years ago we had ~50 cars out cruisin the loop at one time, it was great, let’s make this one even bigger! All cars welcome!

I went too and honestly I was a little disappointed. For one somebody rear-ended a car before we even got on the highway I drove up right after it happened. It wasn't a meet like the last on we all went to in my opinion racing in the city on the streets is just asking for trouble. I didn't take any pics either.

Any idea when your car is going to be done Morbid?

I'm slowly making progress. I'm hoping to pull the donor motor next weekend.... then the swap 2 weekends after that (I want to take 1 or 2 days off work during that). I should be getting the picker tomorrow, as long as it'll fit in my trunk.

I have most of the relevant parts pulled from the car.... so I'm finally getting to the last thing -- the motor :)

I went too and honestly I was a little disappointed. For one somebody rear-ended a car before we even got on the highway I drove up right after it happened. It wasn't a meet like the last on we all went to in my opinion racing in the city on the streets is just asking for trouble.

That was bad, the kid shouldn't have borrowed his parents' Altima. Did you see how it happened?

No I pulled up right after it happened when everyone was getting out of the car's. I know he smashed the front of that Altima that was one of the guys that wouldn't let me pull out when we were all leaving the parking lot.

Sounds like some assclowns showed up. Some of them joined azss (including that altima guy). They don't exactly come across as competent drivers.

That's too bad... the one last year was pretty cool. There was a even an Eclipse with a turbine in the hatch.

Back