• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

AutoInterests Gingerman Season Opener May14th

SilverKnight

New CEG'er
Wanted to let everyone know we are doing a season opener at Gingerman Raceway in South Haven, MI on May 14th.

This event is a high performance driving experience and driver's education event.

Drivers will be divided into classes (novice, intermediate & advanced) and drivers/vehicles will be appropriately grouped. Passing is only permitted when signaled and in designated areas.

This event is for everyone - track experience is not required! This is a great opportunity to learn the dynamics of your car; which can prove useful on the street or on the track. Most importantly, it is like nothing else - we promise you will have a ton of fun! Instructors are available for those that are just beginning!

Please join us in welcoming in the 2011 track season in charming South Haven, MI! You'll enjoy a great time with a diverse group of performance driving enthusiasts and have an opportunity to see some very cool and unique cars in action!

News: Last season we were privileged enough to be the first group to experience Gingerman’s new corner 10B. If you experienced GingerMan before corner 10B was complete last year -- this makes it a whole new track! The original track was 1.88 miles and a 1,770 foot extension was added; the course now totals 2.215 miles with a half mile front straight!

In addition to the new corner we will be able to run the track COUNTER-CLOCKWISE (or BACKWARDS)! This provides an even more unique experience that not every group gets to do.

For more info on the event, and prices, go to http://autointerests.com/events/351\

We usually have some pretty impressive machinery out on the track. At past events we have had.... Noble M400, 2 Nissan GT-Rs, Nismo 350z and 370z, Bunch of BMWs, Porsches, Supercharged Vipers, a few Lotus', Race mustangs, a 00 Cobra R and many many more.

You dont have to have a supercar to come out and play. I race my lightly prepped 93 SHO, others race close to stock vehicles. Just need to have it tech'd for the course. It is not wheel to wheel racing, we keep space between cars to keep it safe. Now, I've never driven a high hp car on a dragstrip, but I can tell you this is the most fun I've had behind the wheel of a car.

If you have any questions feel free to contact Jason at Jason@AutoInterests.com or myself at MMarcu@AutoInterests.com

are you using the new track or the old track?

i cant make it due to a divisional autox, just curious cause i know a lot of people here have done track days there and might not know that the track has changed

Back