• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

at the tigets game. locked out of car ha

yea you can repin your door/body quick connectors to one side and then drill out your new space...i personally haven't done this yet...theres nothing wrong with the route you chose to take though if done properly.

yeah, it sounds good, Ive done it right(hard wired though) but 'knowing' I didn't do through the door/body quick connectors is just going to bug me till I do them right(I also have all 4 sets of speakers wires run togther, and there a bit to thick for where there at. It will be better when both lefts and both rights are ran on there own side up top and drop down to the doors. Power/remote are on the left bottem and rca's on the right. Nothing is ran together. I just cut off the speaker wires at the harness that used to plug into the factory amp, and tied into those(found out 3 sets match at the speaker end, and one didn't. found it in a post here after I was done, but it wasn't really that hard to figure out ;)

Sounds great, still fine tuning the freq's, hope to have it dialed in. HU volume goes to 35, I have my amp set to be best/loudest at 30. Used a meter to set my gains, and and slowly adjusting my freq's(did tweak the gains a tad bit) and have not played with settings on the HU to much yet, though I do have my bass/mid/high all the way up, but have the bassboost/loudness both all the way off. For these speakers/amp/HU, it seems to have the best sound like this. Doing high pass on the 4 doors, and low pass on the sub. My speakers have a 3db switch on them, and those are all off as well(sounds to rich with them on, though on our cavalier with the speakers lower, I have them on and it makes them sound as if they are higher up, but not needed on our cars.)

It's starting to sound good, wish I had another sub, buts its a nice lil system ;)

Don't need to dynomat the doors, but the trunk needs it bad, I hope I have enough...I have 3 door kits, that I was gona use for the trunk.

think my old mustang is still on there, unless they delete ya after awhile, havn't been on it in at least 5 years. I could make one for the csvt though, can't beleive that place is still going strong lol

Back