• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Arlington Road

Silver Bullet

CEG'er
Watched an old movie "Arlington Road" this morning on USA Network. I had seen it once before but had been awhile so worthy of another watch. Jeff Bridges and Timothy Robbins, a good suspense movie about terrorists among us. Imagine my surprise when throughout movie and especially towards the end a Contour is prominent.

Now I know I'm a Contour freak. Watched the car closely and imagine my surprise as it changes model years during a chase scene. No mistaking pre and post '98 models. And then during credits I saw that movie was filmed in Houston. I wonder if any of the T-Red Contours used in the movie are still around. None got completely totaled so probably weren't junked.

he said there were "Contours" in it. also said it changed models from post to pre-98.. afaik there are no pre-98 SVTs..

Also, the movie was released in early 99 and filmed in early 98. That means the only SVTs out were brand new first model year 98's.. that wasn't exactly an upper budget movie, so that would be a huge leap to use one of those to get trashed on in the end of that movie.

so I'd venture to say no... there is not an SVT in that movie

I thought at first it was a typical movie boner too, but if you watched the movie carefully youll realise that they switched cars so he would end up with the car with the bomb in the trunk. The two different cars were part of the plot,, not a mistake

I thought at first it was a typical movie boner too, but if you watched the movie carefully youll realise that they switched cars so he would end up with the car with the bomb in the trunk. The two different cars were part of the plot,, not a mistake

From memory I thought the car changed years during the middle of chase scene with the van. Don't have it recorded so can't review it.

Would be very hard to fool anyone by switching cars on them. Almost everybody has some kind of personal touch on their car.

Well it has been a while since i have seen it but if i remember correctly the car was a rental in the movie. so he really wouldnt have that personal touch with his own car

It's been mention several times before. There are several threads in the past about Contours in movies/TV.

That movie was filmed in Houston? I haven't even seen the movie, but I've heard of it.

Back