• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Are Dorman 4 bolt LCA's that bad?

hallfleming

CEG'er
Man the price is so tempting. $140 cheaper per pair than Moogs. I'll probably order the Moogs but man, what a tease.

Any success stories with the cheap Dorman's? I noticed that's what Summit carries...

Has anybody posted photos of the Moogs? When you get your order, snap a few and post them for comparison to OEM and Dorman.

I just installed the Dormans last week and they honestly seem pretty much identical to the OEM's. (except not worn out yet)
The bushings were nice and tight, the ball joint was a ball joint, fit was perfect, I have no worries about them. I can now refurb my OEM's and keep them for spares in case the Dormans do wear out prematurely, but I'm not really predicting any issues.

Just installed the Moog LCA's. Real nice quality. Doormans lasted under 10,000 on my 98 SVT...so good luck with that.

i've had dormans on for about 6k miles and everything is holding up fine. I know alot of others have chimed in on other threads and said they had 5x more miles then I have put on them and are still fine.

Tried almost every control arm out there between all the tours I had. Dorman’s were just ok ball joints failed earlier than OEM. Raybestos pro were the best I've used and are on my SVT since I bought the car about 20k on them and are in good shape. OEM's were just ok and did the job just better than Dorman’s on my 95SE. Mevotech are hit and miss Canadian brand but lasted longer than Dorman’s. Deeza are on my GL right now, I bought those 2 years ago and put on about 30k, daily driver. I bought them from rockauto when they were on sale for 4bolt, no longer available. Given its unknown here brand made in turkey I'm surprised how well they are holding up. Price/Quality deeza was best experience so far. My GF cougar has a set of Deeza's 2 bolts so I'm yet to see how they hold up on her car.

Tried almost every control arm out there between all the tours I had. Dorman’s were just ok ball joints failed earlier than OEM. Raybestos pro were the best I've used and are on my SVT since I bought the car about 20k on them and are in good shape. OEM's were just ok and did the job just better than Dorman’s on my 95SE. Mevotech are hit and miss Canadian brand but lasted longer than Dorman’s. Deeza are on my GL right now, I bought those 2 years ago and put on about 30k, daily driver. I bought them from rockauto when they were on sale for 4bolt, no longer available. Given its unknown here brand made in turkey I'm surprised how well they are holding up. Price/Quality deeza was best experience so far. My GF cougar has a set of Deeza's 2 bolts so I'm yet to see how they hold up on her car.

very informative, well done sir.

Dorman rubber balljoint seals can fail in less than a year, I've seen it many times. The rubber quality just sucks. The joints are not as hard heat treated as Moog, even though listed as 'lifetime' warranty. They wear out at variable rates but they definitely won't last as long as the Moog. And yes, I sell and warranty both lines, I get to see the results. Dormans come back all the time totally wore out, rare to see Moog come back.

Back