• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anyone know of a shop that will touch a 3L SVT?

Wien_Sean

Hard-core CEG'er
I have called a bunch of shops around me in Oak Park and none of them want to touch my car because of the motor it has. Does anyone know of a shop that will work on a modified car?

Ok.... in the area? I am trying to figure out when I have time. I can learn some of the stuff, but without anyone near, save for ShoGoFast, I am not going to learn anytime soon. With no garage to work on it I am pretty much screwed. I just need the thing to work for a year while I get everything in order to move overseas again.

Ok.... in the area? I am trying to figure out when I have time. I can learn some of the stuff, but without anyone near, save for ShoGoFast, I am not going to learn anytime soon. With no garage to work on it I am pretty much screwed. I just need the thing to work for a year while I get everything in order to move overseas again.

What kind of work are you needing, normal mechanical or a tune for the 3L?

I'm picking my car up tonight and can check with my mechanic to see if he'd be willing to look at it, granted, he's in Aurora, which might be a bit of a hike for you. He does good work (he is where a lot of the Firefighters take their personal vehicles) and had reasonable rates. Let me know.

At this point the brakes need to be bled and the IAC needs to be cleaned/replaced. I would do the IAC except I have none of the tools I used to have, nor the time to dive into this right now.

Well it's the IAC that throws the parts replacers off. If it's not in stock form most of the guys won't work on it. I am either having it towed to a CEG'ers place to do the brakes or a shop. After that I can get cracking on the IAC. I am not really worries about that, I did that on my mom's car years ago.

You can't hit up Hector to do that? :censored::censored::censored::censored: Mikey could do that stuff too. Mikey is he still alive???

I am talking to some people. I need to get tools first, and the parts, and then I can give it a try myself. Or just hit someone up, I dunno. Work has been keeping me too busy to do anything at the moment. All I know is it runs, the brakes are fixed, and I need to get a tune.

Yeah, I am not super concerned about it right now. I just found out that I officially got the job, so a lot of my energy is going to be in that. As long as it runs and it isn't destroying itself I am happy.

Oh yeah, the brakes are fixed. It was the master cylinder, it was shot. Brakes are working great now. I still need to replace/clean the IAC and throw some Autolite double plat in. The engine pulls hard, but it stumbles a bit. With my 95 I had the same problem and once I changed the plugs everything was fine. The wires seem to be in good shape, but I will have a closer look whenever I get around to doing the plugs.

Edit: And the smoking thing was condensation. Me being freaked out that I had done something or had gotten a dud, I didn't want to drive it. Turns out letting it warm up, or driving in spite of the smoke alleviates the problem. I let her warm up this morning and had no problems at all. Before I had started her up and just went and that caused a massive cloud to follow me down the street so I stopped.

Back