• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anyone know anything about chips for the Svt ?

98.5 svt

CEG'er
Some one has a chip for sale and he said it adds 30 hp and brings the top speed from 143 to 160 mph . And he is selling it cuz he blew his motor so I don't know if it's a good idea . Does anyone know if a chip can do that ?

Some one has a chip for sale and he said it adds 30 hp and brings the top speed from 143 to 160 mph . And he is selling it cuz he blew his motor so I don't know if it's a good idea . Does anyone know if a chip can do that ?

no WAY a chip will add 30hp on its own. not on a stock csvt. i did a 3 liter swap, with bolts ons (headers, exhaust etc...) WITH a dyno tuned chip and got 50hp! most of which was from the 3 liter im sure.

and if its a custom tuned chip, it should be dyno tuned FOR YOUR CAR. if its a canned tune chip (do they make them for these cars??) then it will certainly not add 30hp.

either he's blowing smoke up your arse or the ad for the chip blew it up his and he's just passing it on to you :rolleyes:

plus it would take more than 30 horsepower to up your top speed from 143 to 160.

If you look down lower, there is a section called PCM Tuning

There is the link to it too. Have a read around in there, you can probably find some useful information.

either he's blowing smoke up your arse :crazy:
whoa .. i've been around the block, but i've never heard that expression before ... it reminds me of a video i saw on the net one time !!! you see, there was this girl and i think she was poor because she only had a coat and a pair of shoes .............. ....G.

how much did you gain on the 3.0L conversion itself? whats the estimated price to make a 3.0L conversion.

Better get the "resistor" mod on eBay too. It's good for another 150hp. :rolleyes:

Back