• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anyone in the Twin Cities wanna help me?

Sprebound

Veteran CEG'er
Anyone wanna help me replace my driver side drive axle? Someone with experience and a slide hammer? I will buy beer...or give cash for the help...just let me know.

Anyone wanna help me replace my driver side drive axle? Someone with experience and a slide hammer? I will buy beer...or give cash for the help...just let me know.

If i wasn't so freakin busy i would help. Its not too tough of a job, i pulled them both from my contour without a slide hammer and if i remember right the stubborn one was the driver side. You have the new shaft and the right axle nut socket?

I haven't gotten it yet. I have been waiting until I can either get someone to help or til I know I have everything to do it myself. I was gonna try and do it today but I think I will just install my sidemarkers and subs...

Hey man if you can drive the car up to my place, we can do it here. I've got a slide hammer and all that good stuff and I've got just about every auto store you can think of surrounding me in a 10 block radius.

Otherwise I suppose I could bring the slide hammer and meet you down there. It's just that I've taken them out before and I know I have all the tools we would need to do it.

Let me know.

I'd be willing to lend a hand if I could get a hand with a few mods/fixes I'm needing to do. Could make it a all day mini mods meet. Let me know what you guys think...

Hey Mike, that would be awesome, and it isn't so bad that I can't make it up there. I definitely hear some minor binding when I am braking tho...so I def need to get it replaced. I have Wednesday and Friday off this upcoming week, do those days work for you? How much time are we looking at to replace it? Just wondering... Thanks man.

It would have to be Friday. Not sure what time I could start in on it. I usually work till 4pm, but I can check my schedule and look into getting off at 3pm.

As far as the amount of time if everything goes well it shouldn't take any longer then about an hour and a half.

Awesome, Friday it is then. Whatever time works for you is cool. I will shoot ya a pm on like Wednesday and we can coordinate the details and such. I really appreciate this Mike. I owe ya...you drink beer? U want some cash? Let me know man...

I should get off work Friday at 3pm. So if you could be at my place say by 4pm (I should be back to my house by 3:30pm)? That should be fine.

I got your message last night. Sorry I missed your call man, but I'm glad everything is in good working order.

Right on man...once again, thanks a million for that yesterday. Now that is one problem out of a hundred that I can cross off...haha. See ya in two weeks man.

Back