• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anybody local wana help tune my speakers amp?

whoa i'm not used to a 4x50 + 1x150 amp

everyone has their own taste in eq tuning. For instance.. with the EQ flat my tweeters practically pierce your ears.. and my buddy loves that but I had to back them off for my own taste.

the general consensus is set your gains with your EQ flat to the point where you get maximum efficiency with no distortion.. then back off certain frequencies on the HU if they're overpowering. If you're taking your speakers to the limit, you never want to amplify frequencies, only decrease.

Is that a 300rms sub? I bet down the road you'll want a dedicated mono amp :cool:

After saying all of that.. I would love to come up but I'm down in Cinci for a while

whoa i'm not used to a 4x50 + 1x150 amp

well, granted the amp is 50x4, 150x1, thats at 4ohms, when running your speakers/sub at 2ohms.....that amp gives my 4 doors 60rms, and the sub gets its 300rms. my speakers are rated for 60 rms at 2 ohms, and they get that from that amp, as the sub is rated for 300rms, the amp will give it 300 since I wired the sub to run at 2 ohms(its a dual 4 ohm voice coils).

Gains are set good, freq's are alot better now, subs just below 80 and speakers just above 80 with low pass, and bass boost OFF/low as it goes, have high pass on the speakers, but the mids turned up a tad at the headunit to bring back the mids a lil bit, its starting to sound nice. And yeah, the amp and the sub will go into the other car again once I figure out what I want in it, but for now it seems to rock, just fine tuning the freq's

At first, I had it all flat at the headunit, and set my gains, but it lacked certain tones, it seems to play large tones very nicely, but I am always happy for another set of ears to help fine tune it. Later on into the summer, I will be doing a much nicer system setup.

Back