• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Aluminum Intake Pipe

sweetsvt

CEG'er
So I just received the aluminum intake pipe from SP Motorsports, but it only came with one 3/4" piece of latex hose and nothing else. If anyone has this installed, what did you use to connect the hoses? I was able to connect one of the hoses (the widest one), but the rest do not fit. Also, how did you install the sensor? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I went to AutoZone with my pipe and had them check a few hoses in the back to find one in the right size then I just joined the factory hoses with the ones from AutoZone.

For the sensor, I used black silicon. It doesn't need to be sealed air tight, just secure.

For the sensor, put the 3/4" rubber on it, and slide it in. You'll need to lube it or else the rubber will just bunch up.

The pipe should have come with short hoses for the valve cover vent lines. If it didn't, take it to autozone (like said above)... they should have the correct size fuel hose, then push in the OEM barbed plastic adapters.

Back