• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

all seasons for E1's

kcobra

Veteran CEG'er
i am looking for a inexpensive set of all season tires for my e1 wheels. I have had several suggestions from a few people I know. Had kelly navigator gold on my car in the past good in the snow but now that i work for a local tire retailer i get them for cost. so i am looking for good options for the stock wheels i dont care what size as long as the speedo will be accurate. car is sitting on eibachs. looking for cheap tires at regular retail as i am broke as a joke.

Last edited:
As far as I know the only Z rated all season tire is the BF Goodrich KDWS in a 225/50ZR16 size. I'm reluctant to recommend then though as three out of four suffered tread separation for me. You might try a search at Tire Rack to see what comes up as research. You might try expanding your search to include H and V speed rated tires. Look at all three sizes, 205/55R16, 215/50R16, and 225/50R16. All three will keep you speedometer withing spec. Two of those sizes are factory equipment sizes, and the third is identical in diameter to one of those.

I like the contiextremecontacts, I am on my second set. I have ran them in the winter for a couple years and love them. My E0's will be going back on here in a couple of weeks, but hopefully the honda holds up through the winter and I wont have to get the SVT out in the snow. If you keep an eye out on tire rack these go on sale every now and then, I think the cheapest I have picked them for were around $76 a piece.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=ContiExtremeContact

also my GF is sporting these sumitomo's, and she hasnt had any complaints about them either. I like the Continentals because of the aggressive tread pattern though. She drives an 03 ion but the wheel/tire size is the same as the SVT
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Sumitomo&tireModel=HTR+H4

Back