• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Aftermarket fogs (how many brands)

B.Brattina

Hard-core CEG'er
I know the typical Hella fogs are around here and probably the most popular... But does anyone have a different set up? If possible, post some pictures of yours, even if they are Hellas... I'm looking for some new fogs and can't decide what I really want

Heard Pro-Burners are really nice, and I know they are extremely bright from Pen Two's car, also, they're like $20. Don't be fooled by the blue bulb, it's actually very bright white. Picking my set up next week when I get paid. :cool:

pro burners ftw! i had them on my zetec and they were really bright. Easy install too and you can get them just about anywhere.

Are they clear glass lenses? I know quite a few people had some trouble with their expensive Hellas getting cracked, etc.

Edit: Do you know if there is a certain number or fitment to look for? (assuming they make more than one size)

Are they clear glass lenses? I know quite a few people had some trouble with their expensive Hellas getting cracked, etc.

Edit: Do you know if there is a certain number or fitment to look for? (assuming they make more than one size)

From what i remember i am pretty sure they are plastic lenses not glass. I dont remember what size either so im pretty much useless at this point. Most places will let you return them if they dont fit as long as you dont ruin the box.

for the pro-burners (for those who have them)

did the harness work or did you have to make it work together with the stock harness?...ive looked at them and just wanted to know before i got a set.

my pro burners are starting to yellow, and the plastic chrome paint the reflects the light inside is starting to flake off.... I do live in NY however, whis is the road salt capital of the world. If you live in a no snow or no salt area, you might be fine... You get what you pay for.

Michigan isn't much better with salt... At least until they ran out of it in West. Michigan :shoots himself:--

As for mods, sorry for the wrong area, figured it would get more hits up there and was somewhat of a General Discussion :)

i dont remember what i had but they were brighter than my low beams, i think the box just sed SuperWhite but, i busted those when i took out that damn street sign that was in my way.....

for the pro-burners (for those who have them)

did the harness work or did you have to make it work together with the stock harness?...ive looked at them and just wanted to know before i got a set.
Not sure if my harnesses are even stock.. since I bought my SVT used and it had PIAA's.

But I did have to cut the wires off my old fogs and splice them onto the proburners. I've done this twice and they still work like a charm, and I'm no electrical expert :laugh:

And face it.. if you screw up, put them back in the box and take them to walmart and just say they didnt work. ;)

i dont remember what i had but they were brighter than my low beams, i think the box just sed SuperWhite but, i busted those when i took out that damn street sign that was in my way.....

Was it CyberWhite? Thats what I have on my car and they look awesome. But for some strange reason they stopped working one day and I'm too lazy to find out why. The fuse is fine, so it must be the bulbs. Time for some yellow ones! :cool:

Back