• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

ADC Turbo?

High compared to what? All the other Duratec kits on the market?
Heheh...

The real killer was they outsourced the headers and they had a "cost" around $2000. Right Chris.

Quality costs money. I bet the Street Flight piping will outlast the CDW-27 ;) I use the before name because I don't like the company after...

Heheh...

The real killer was they outsourced the headers and they had a "cost" around $2000. Right Chris.

Quality costs money. I bet the Street Flight piping will outlast the CDW-27 ;) I use the before name because I don't like the company after...

Turbo_Pipes_1.JPG

Turbo_Pipes_2.JPG

There you are! I was just thinking the other day that we hadnt heard much from you in a while. Have you started your build yet?

Here is a question (for War and others): What are you thoughts about routing the up pipe under the engine vs. around the engine to get the rear bank to the front? War, why didnt you go this route? More difficult, inferior, _____ ??

There you are! I was just thinking the other day that we hadnt heard much from you in a while. Have you started your build yet?

Here is a question (for War and others): What are you thoughts about routing the up pipe under the engine vs. around the engine to get the rear bank to the front? War, why didnt you go this route? More difficult, inferior, _____ ??

Well why not?

In my case I had Ground clearance. The middle of the car is the absolute worst place to have something hanging down. WHen you cross over something that is what gets scraped the most right? The tires are in contact with the road so they go up/down with the road surface but the middle has the least up/down motion of the car on uneven road surfaces. I designed my downpipe pushed towards the outside of the car more towards the wheels that way less risk.

And if you were thinking under the engine saves a whole 6" therefore restriction is less....no a chance. The turbo is a big restriction in the exhaust anyway and 6"- 1foot isn't gonna change a damn thing in performance. The turbo more than pays dividends from the pressurized intake to make up for the exhaust restriction though.

No. I haven’t even picked up a wrench. I have everything now, and I mean EVERYTHING – the best components and pieces available - needed to put together a nice customized CSVT, one of a very select few… except for time. It’s frustrating.

I often think I should just store all this CSVT stuff away until I retire (including the car) and buy a completed Noble to enjoy now.

I’ll probably sell my higher mileage CSVT and keep the lower mileage one for this conversion. There’s not much reason to choose between them – they’re virtually identical in every way, fully documented, and as clean as it’s possible to find. The appeal of having one modified and one stock has diminished for me.

Over the next few years I’m doing something for my company that’s a lot more important to me than hot-rodding. That’s just how it is.

In some other marques I’d be quietly making inquiries to see if anyone with deep pockets wants to take over my hobby…. But I know that’s not the case with CSVT’s! I don’t need the money and I will just wait until I can take one selfish month and pretend to be young again, with nothing on my mind but a showroom clean Tropic Green CSVT and a big pile of high performance parts…

JEDsContour,

Where do you live? Maybe having help building it would make it easier and there are bound to be someone who would like the experience learned in building that car that they would spend time on it with you for nothing I think.

I think he is within 1 hour away from FastCougar and DanG.

Both of them had/is having turbo projects on the Duratec. It would be nice to gather all of them and get it done. Both guys are details oriented so that would be a plus.

Too bad I live really far away and not quite skillful with wrenches... :shrug:

Oh man, it’s interesting to read this… Maybe things are not that grim for this project. Doing the mechanical work is almost as appealing to me as having a finished car. I truly enjoy working on cars.

I do plan to publish lots of pictures of this conversion on my website as I go along. I figure it will become a regular weekend stop for folks who read this forum. The first pictures would be of this beautiful, completely stock car surrounded by all the new hot rod parts. Brand new 3L engine and transmission in crates, turbo kit laid out, custom suspension, brakes, exhaust and other bits.

I even thought of publishing an ebook “How to build a hot rod CSVT” - just for the fun of it! Maybe I’ll be able to take a few weeks for this in February. Having some experienced help would be welcome indeed.

The only really bad thing about this (other than time) is that I don’t have my workshop completed and would thus have to work inside my attached two car garage. Tight quarters for this job and no lift.

at least your doing it right jed's........i just get too excited and get "good" stuff but that might not constitute that it's actually GOOD so we'll see what happens. as of right now, im kicking myself in the rear. damn me and my youth, always in a hurry!

Nothings more fun than a case of beer, a heater :idea:, and some experienced help amiably chatting away with you while you both put stuff together.

Oh, and a radio going too.
:cool:

Agreed!

It all started as a kid, hanging out with my Dad in his garage working on his old trucks and tractors... Working on Mustangs with my brother... Restoring cars with my car club friends in California. God I miss the simple things of the past.

LoL, I know what you mean. I grew up doing this stuff with my Dad and he passed away early this year. It all kinda hit home.

I'm sure you will have a good time putting this together. I'm also sure that there is a CEGr somewhere there who would be willing to join up as I said before. If I were close I'd come by to help out when I had spare time. :eek:

Back