• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

about to install a stock bumper... any hints?

astral

CEG'er
i got my car for a steal from a body shop in detroit because they couldn't find a bumper for it... they had bought it from a insurance auction or so they said... i ended up paying $400 for a 98 SVT with nothing really wrong but missing a bumper and having 150K on it... not a bad deal... and thanks to this site i'm picking up a bumper today for it... (btw thanks SVTTour!) and just thought i'd ask if anyone's got any horror stories and advice from it, or just some good advice about putting it on....?? thoughts??

nuthn horrific really about putting a bumper on. slide the teeth into the spaces allotted on the front frame. it'll sit there just long enough for u to start adding the bolts. slightly bolt up one side, and then do the same for the other. then tighten. be sure to have an extension on ur wrench. u do not need to take off the front wheels, as u can access the bolts by simply turning the wheel away. assuming the car is off the ground on jackstands. but ur wheel well covers will have to come off for easy access.

cool... i figured it wasn't going to be that terrible... just an thought i'd see if anyone had a good story about doin theirs... good advice tho... thanks!

Back