• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

A/V cable

mzracer360

Veteran CEG'er
When I think of an RCA cable, I picture 2 wires: one labeled with red and the other labeled either white or black, each wire having some type of connector attached to the ends.
pRS1C-3067514w345.jpg

I have the parts to make my own RCA male to RCA female cable.
I will use these on one end:
pRS1C-2265152w345.jpg

and these on the other:
pRS1C-2265717w345.jpg

with 12-guage speaker wire.

Im just learing how to work with electronics/audio, so Im not sure how to solder this together. Only 1 wire is going to each connector, but each connector has 2 solder points?

Can someone please explain what I need to do?

thanks,

mzracer360

The center "pin" conductor will be your video output.

the outer "ring" of the RCA connecter will be a ground. The cable you are using should be a shielded two conductor cable, not a single wire.

12 gauge is way to large for RCA connections, the largest you would want is 18 gauge. With RCA signal, their is such thing as too large of conductor.

the owner of Knukoncepts is a member on this site. How much money do you expect to save by building your own? His prices and quality are awesome. http://www.knukonceptz.com/productMaster.cfm?Category=RCA Interconnects

Im not trying to save money. I need an A/V cable to go from the back of my headunit and through my center console to wherever I decide to put it. Thats why I choose these for one end:
pRS1C-2265717w345.jpg

12 gauge is way to large for RCA connections, the largest you would want is 18 gauge. With RCA signal, their is such thing as too large of conductor.

I did not know that, Im gunna go get some of that gauge then!!!

Last edited:
Back