• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

A few exhaust questions

hotdimmes

Hard-core CEG'er
I was quoted about 70 dollars to replace the 2.25" piping on my svt exhaust so that it would fit around the fuel tank.

My first question is, would replacing this piece with 2.5" piping be effective? Obviously I would need a 2.5" I/O res but what about mating it to the split 2.25" In/2"x2 Out section. Would just replacing it with a 2.5"In/2"x2 split Output piece still be an effective exhaust or should that 2" piping be larger as well? I'm looking at it in the sense that it is still a combined 4 inches of piping so it's not really a bottleneck for the piping that precedes it.

What do other aftermarket exhausts (Borla, Trubendz) have as far as that split section? From pictures I have seen, it looks like borla uses smaller piping when splitting but trubendz does not. Can anyone shed some light on this?

So you guys are saying that Borla is 2.25" and then split into 2" piping while trubendz is 2.5" and then split into more 2.5" piping?

I don't know about the borla for sure. I thought it was the same as the SVT stock exhaust as far as diameter is concerned. Isn't the SVT exhaust 2.25"?

Anyways, Trubendz cat-back is 2.5" before and after the split. They come standard with 45* cut 3" tips

im pretty sure my Borla spec sheet said 2.25"

I think it sounds great with my headers and etc..id never change it

Back