• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale 98.5 Black SVT

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielbecker

New CEG'er
Sadly it's time for me to part ways with the best car I ever owned. VIN#1FAFP68G7WK247092 assembled at the Kansas City Assembly Plant on 2/24/98 (#4732 of a build of 6535) has served me very well. 195,568 miles ago I drove it off the lot and enjoyed every drive since. This is the first time I find myself unwilling to pay the price the dealer wants to charge to have it pass inspection. And I don't have a relationship with a local shop that seems willing to fix the broken bolt in the rear exhaust manifold for a reasonable cost to pass inspection So anyone out there who wants to attack a rear manifold on their own, this car will likely give you another year or two of solid performance. The latest codes were: P0171, P0430, P0174, P1519 (traced to intake gasket leak and cat fault <---Ford diagnosis) I've been getting the same vacuum leak codes for 4 years and still passed emissions. Swapped out an O2 sensor last year and it passed. The head gaskets (still original) should be replaced. The A/C hasn't worked for 5 years, I prefer windows anyway. Everything else works fine. The paint is 15 years old and it shows up close, though I've maintained it very well and it still shines after a wax. There is a little rust starting just under the front doors above the running boards, but nothing major. The front bumper is cracked on the bottom and a small piece of the grating is broken as well. BUT AMAZINGLY THERE ARE NO DENTS! Mostly just small cosmetic things that are very minor compared to most SVTs I've seen. The interior shines up like knew, with the exception of the fabric that wraps the metal edge of the sunroof - easy fix. This has been my daily driver and rarely has it had any passengers, so the passenger seats are near perfect. The hydraulics on the trunk haven't worked for years nor the antenna.
The good news:
The car is all original, no modes to screw anything up.
It has never had an oil or coolant leak that's ever made it to the garage floor.
New rear brakes (had them done last week before I realized I was going to fail for the exhaust)
Front brakes 9 / 9
Tire Tread 10 all around (love those long wearing conti extreme contacts) and the rims still look great
The engine still runs and sounds as good as it ever did. Ran nothing but Mobil 1 and K&N Filters changed every 5 – 10k miles.
I have copies of most if not all the service records, window sticker, SVT certificate, etc. All service was done by Ford Dealers.

I'm only looking for around $2,500. It's well worth it for someone with time and tools. Send me an email at: db5@comcast.net if you want more information. I live in Mount Joy, PA

Thanks,

Dan

Good luck on selling! I have a Black and tan which is a project. Mystique, You want to put my car back together for me? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back