• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

#864 SVT starting problems

akafireball

New CEG'er
I need some help with my 98 csvt ,Doing some detaling I ( huge mistake) washed my engine a week ago car ran terrible afterward lots of jerking and misfiring on a short test drive, barley made it home ,svt died in my driveway and wont start at all now.. got code p103 for maf sensor , i have removed the maf sensor cleaned it w contact cleaner and checked all the wires for it ,did a liquid tape and re rap on them,the maf wires were def touching in the loom some .fixed that now but car just spins over wont start, btw I hear the fuel pump every time w key on/ off , can a dead or once wire touching maybe internally shorted maf keep the car from starting ? I dont mind buying one but don't want to waste money if its not the mas air sensor causing the car not to start ...

Turned out to be a bad Maf indeed! they will keep your Contour SVT v6 from starting ...thanks to $40 & amazon i'm smooth running @145mph again ...

Back