• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

65mm tb iacv adapters for taurus uim

aboythatskates

Hard-core CEG'er
so today i got an adapter made for my taurus uim, with the iacv fitting and also to fit a 65mm tb.
its made from 1/4inch aluminum, a 68ish mm hole for the throttle, and a treaded hole for the iacv tube at the top
these are water jet cut. the iacv hole will be drilled and tapped

see last post for pictures

$50 each shipped
$40 each shipped if 5+ people.

lets start

fitment looks excellent. but i am using a 3/4 thread barb fitting so i am going to grind away some plastic from my uim. and then make a gasket to prevent leaks. you can use a smaller threaded barb fitting, where it will fit right inside of the stock rubber gasket

DSCN6001.jpg

DSCN6002.jpg

DSCN6004.jpg

DSCN6003.jpg

these will be $50 each shipped. $40 each shipped if 5 or more people buy. not sure on what size barb fitting you want but it will be drilled and threaded. and an additional $3 for the barb fitting itself, if you want.

is anyone interested?

its not one of those things that people will be jumping to get. for the most part if they have a 3L they have it tuned for it, and by adding a new TB it will throw it off a bit. if someone is starting a build they would be more apt to get one

yea i know exactly. thats y i decided to bump, just in case. i actually wouldnt be surprized if noone gets one. oh well.
iv installed mine and it runs like a champ. one problem, i dont have any metal peices to extend my tb bracket, and it prevents my throttlefrom opening...lol

i assume some of you guys dont have neco, so here are some pics of it installed. i have never felt or loved the throttle like this. its amazing

DSCN6897.jpg

DSCN6898.jpg

DSCN6899.jpg

i think the fact that harry(?) posted a dyno loss using the 65mm tb on a 3l has caused people to shy away. personally, i loved the FEEL of the 65mm tb on my modded 2.5.

I may want one too... if I can find my 65mm uninstalled TB that haaaary did like 3 years ago that very well may have gotten lost in 4 moves... would these work on the ST220 UIM?

Back