• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

4x108 to 4x100 adapters and offest question

svt_fomoco

CEG'er
I saw a set of four 4x108 to 4x100 adapters for sale in the classifieds. These adapters are 1" (25mm) thick. My question:

If theses adapters are installed with wheels will there be an additional 25mm offset due to the thickness of the adapter?

For example if I have a set of centerline wheels with 42mm offset and I install them with these adapters will my offset be 67mm (42 + 25)?

yes,they will stick out 1" further

And they will for sure hit the fenders in the rear, whether your fenders are rolled or not.

I used 1/2" spacers on my front wheels for my Axis wheels to clear my baer brakes and thats honestly as far as I would take it. Even with 1/2" spacers in the rear I would have been hitting my fenders.

Btw, I think offset goes down the further you push the wheels out. I think it would be 17 (42-25).

yeah the offset would be even lower, like jim said. the centerline of the wheel would be pushed out away from the struts, effectively making the wheel a lower offset wheels. might be good if u had a custom widebody then u might fit wheels with the adapters to the edge of the fender

Back