• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3L throttle body bracket for 2.5L cables

Blackcoog

Hard-core CEG'er
I was thinking about having some SVT brackets made up now that they are discontinued and at the same time I could look into a bracket for the 3L upper intake. It would allow you to attach the stock SVT cables (throttle and cruise) without having to build a custom bracket or a mangled SVT bracket. No need to use zip ties to take up slack any more. lol

Any interest? Not sure on price but relatively cheap. I need to get some pricing first.

I'd be interested in a bracket. Could you do a bracket for an ST220 UIM... if the 3L one wouldn't work for it?

I would assume this would be for those of us running optimized TBs as well. I'm on a portmatched motor with a Opt'd TB and use the zipties to take up slack...lol

If thats the case, I'm in depending on price.

This would be for those with a 3L upper intake. An optimized throttle body shouldn't have any affect on the cable/bracket. I'm not sure why you'd have slack all of a sudden.

I'm looking into building a batch of stock SVT brackets first. Once those turn out work on one that would work with the 3L intake. I'm not sure on timeline yet.

were you ever able to get these done? i was able to fix my slack by turning the 2.5 bracket upside down but the cruise cable is to short & had to rig that up. would like to get 1 if you still can

you can use the stock 3l bracket, 3l cable and 99-04 3.8 mustang cruise cable. everything looks and works like stock. just and fyi
a replacement bracket for guys who cant get those cables is a good idea though.

Back