• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3.0 duratec turbo build

after looking over the engine this evening there are a few things I've been thinking on doing.
intake manifold - I think I might design my own and make it.
fuel rail - as it is a non return rail, I want to change this to a return, so either design and make my own or look into seeing if there is an aftermarket one available? then I will fit an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. I already have a twin pump set up and swirl pot installed in the car with its current engine.

I have removed the power steering pump and air con pump as I will not be needing these.

on the aux belt drive I have removed tensioners and idler pulleys, I will change this to run the water pump and alternator only so position idler and tensioner to suit.

planning ahead a bit here, but where I removed the power steering pump I will use this point to brace the turbo to.:crazy:

doubt your gonna find an aftermarket fuel rail. I made a rail into a true return rail and welded some AN fittings on it. The 'faux' return setup most people do with this engine didn't really didnt cut it for high boost imo. The last cylinder is still seeing lower pressure than the rest of the fuel rail. For the turbo I would go with a smaller turbine gt35. My old t04e setup which has the same turbine side as most gt35s was basically instant spool. Just dont go bigger than a ar.63 housing and youll have plenty of spool down low for what your doing.

Can you get a straight on picture of the oil/coolant passages when you pull the Jag heads off?

Iv'e just started gathering parts to build my 3.0 from a jag but have been told there are no K1 rods available at the moment, possably not untill March. was hoping to have it rebuilt by then.:(

Back