• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

225/45/18?

SurrealSVT

CEG'er
I know most ppl go with 215/45/18 and some 225/45/18. Now, I have a deal of a lifetime on some 225/45/18's. Has anyone ever run them? I know I may run into some fender rub (not concered, i'm goin to roll the fenders).

To tell you the truth, I am running 225/55/16 snow tires right now (another wicked deal) and they do not rub.

Now, i'm not lowered yet, but I will be soon.. Most likely Eibachs or BAT.

Opinions?

Mike

i got 225/45/18 goodyear g-forces on and i have eibach lowering spring aslong as you roll the fenders its ok. although you might get a rub if you load up your car with people but the rub will only happen when you make turns.

I have 225/40/18. I am slammed and I only rub with 2 in back and it is on the plastic liner....

So, the concensus is that I can get away with it.. I know my speedo will be off a bit, no biggy. At least this way I'll have a bit more sidewall cusion!

Mike

any pics of 225/45/18 on your cars? i wouldve thought for sure that would be a tough size to run especially if lowered.

any pics of 225/45/18 on your cars? i wouldve thought for sure that would be a tough size to run especially if lowered.

DSCF0673.jpg

DSCF0665.jpg

i think it depends on the car too. i ran 225/40/18s with eibach pro-kit springs and it rubbed quite a bit. i ended up taking out the plastic liner and rolling the fenders. it helped, but i'm gonna go with a 215 this year. some tours have the problem and others don't. cross your fingers

Back