• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2006 Escape PCV

RFcsvt

Veteran CEG'er
Ok, so I have searched so much I may have confused myself even more.

Right now I am trying to plan for working out the vac lines on my 3L install. I think I have most of the details figured out but for some reason the PCV is really confusing me. I am using the full 2006 Escape motor so the 3L PCV is being used.

So here's my question. The 2.5 PCV is still hooked up to the line that goes back towards the firewall. I don't know where this line goes or what it does. If I remove the 2.5 PCV what do I hook up to this line? Is it simply a vacuum line that I can T into the line that comes off the back of the escape manifold? I'm pretty sure I'll be modifying the PCV line off the back of the manifold so this isn't a big deal.

I don't have this all in front of me to look at right now so maybe I'm overthinking this, but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I believe that corrugated line is for fuel vapor return. The tabs on mine broke a long time ago, and I just replaced it with fuel hose. You want it to go into the UIM.... but I'm unsure if there's an available port on the 3L UIM, or if you'll need to tee it. I'd think there would be a similar snap on type port for it though... but might be a different size.

Hopefully someone will reply who has a 3L manifold.

That line runs back to the evaporator cansiter for the EVAP system. It has a sensor that monitors the pressure and will throw a CEL if this line is not hooked up (or if you turn it off with SCT's PRP like me ;)). The EVAP system is designed to store and dispose of fuel vapors normally created in the fuel system and to help prevent their escape into the atmosphere. I believe if you just hook it up to a vacuum source you will be fine, but keep in mind this will pull some fuel vapor and needs to be routed back to the intake, just like the factory PCV line is currently routed.

So long story short, run a vacuum line off the UIM to a tee, run the EVAP line to that tee and then the other port on the tee to the intake and you'll be fine.

So would it work to use one tee after the PCV valve in the line that goes to the intake? Would this provide vacuum while routing the vapors to the intake or would it mess up the way the 3L PCV valve works?

Thanks for the help, for some reason this has been the most confusing part of the swap for me.

Im assuming you are going to be using the 04 Taurus manifold since the escape manifold doesnt fit without some cutting and tweeking? if thats the case then there is a metal port on the top right behind the the IAC that works well for hooking up the EVAP line. that port is probably there on the Escape manifold as well but im not positive.

I hopefully will be working to make the Escape manifold fit. I'm not too worried about cutting or fitting it in.

Maybe running the line directly to the UIM would be best instead of trying to tee into something. I'll have to see what is open on the UIM, I've looked at it a hundred times but can't remember what's there right now.

So would it work to use one tee after the PCV valve in the line that goes to the intake? Would this provide vacuum while routing the vapors to the intake or would it mess up the way the 3L PCV valve works?

Thanks for the help, for some reason this has been the most confusing part of the swap for me.

Sorry for the late response, but yes teeing into the PCV line would be fine. That is how it is done from the factory on the 2.5L's. This is also how I may do mine.

Sorry for the late response, but yes teeing into the PCV line would be fine. That is how it is done from the factory on the 2.5L's. This is also how I may do mine.

No problem, with the weather being the way it is I haven't had a whole lot of motivation to spend much time in my unheated garage.

I ended up using part of the Contour PCV hose and some other hose and a connector to run that to an open vac connection on the Escape manifold. So basically the Evap line that we were talking about has its own connection to the manifold. I think that should work out, if not I'll tee it into the pcv line.

Thanks again.

Back