• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale 1998 CSVT 104k mi Silver Frost

Status
Not open for further replies.

supertzar

New CEG'er
Located in Chester, VA. I am asking $3500 for the car. PM me, email supertzar AT supertzar.net, or text/call area code 804 six-two-one 5002 if interested.

Pics here

Details:

Overall Condition is good. There are no major issues aside from typical wear issues related to paint, etc. For its age, the interior is in excellent condition. Car runs like it was new.

Known minor issues:
- Sunshade fabric has become delaminated
- Center small A/C vent has a broke tab.
- There is some noise in the front steering/suspension, but it hasn't impacted ride quality. My shop says everything is tight and didn't seem concerned with it. It's been noisy the whole time I've had the car.
- Sometimes it's difficult to shift into reverse. It seems worse while parked on hills. It's as if the shifter won't fully slot into position. Moving the car some seems to get it to where it will shift. When actually going into reverse position, there isn't any sort of grinding in the transmission.
- The roll restrictors are sagging a little and probably should be replaced.

Car is not heavily modded. The only mods installed have been:
- After market Euro sport struts and springs from BAT! that drop the suspension about 1".
- B&M short-throw shifter
- Redline tuning hood struts
- Stereo - car has been wired to the trunk for after market stereo installation. I'll be keeping the head unit in it, and speakers will stay. Amp is negotiable if you want to buy it. Front speakers are Polk MM571 and rear are Polk DB571. I can also put the stereo back to the factory config if preferred that way.

I also have a set of E1 wheels that I never got around to installing. Will let those go with the car for an extra $100.

Oil changes since 63k mi when I bought it have been Mobil 1 full synthetic. I have full maintenance records from when I've owned it and from the previous owners. Recent maintenance items:

New CV axles
New IMRC assembly, linkage, and intake bushings
Fuel induction maintenance
New plugs and plug wires
New front tires - Continental ExtremeContact DWS

Last edited:
That noise coming from the front scares me a little bit, what did the shop say the noise was?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back