• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

1997 Zetec Overhaul/rebuild

thats the DPFE sensor. the "HI" line goes to the port on the EGR tube closest to the exhaust manifold and the "REF" line goes to the port closest to the EGR valve.

thanks thats what i needed to know cause my dad broke the egr tube fitting so its not on the car yet and i didnt know where the two hoses went off of the DPFE

well what i thought was a bad oil pressure sensor on my sable may have turned out to be way more serious so this car is back on the front burner. start school on monday and i have no car, and its a 35 mile one way commute 5 days a week...

BIG UPDATE! the car is back together and running (not well) almost a year since i bought it and i have put i think about 100 miles on it... not a good track record for this car. bought it 2 weeks later clutch goes, takes trans with it, has bad lifter and cracked exhaust manifold so engine getting rebuilt, find out after it is all appart rod bolts are tty and are 30+ bucks each so old bolts go back in:nonono: and now 2 days ago i get it all hooked back up and put back together. have yet to drive it i need to put insurance back on it after all this time and hope that those rod bolts hold out for quite some time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnY4B9wVsgY

wow i kinda forgot about this thread. the car has been back together and appart and back together again since i last posted.

the bad idle was busted brake booster line. ticking was pistons hitting head because the felpro gasket was too thin. thought lifters but tried new ones didnt help. looked down in combustion chamber with camera scope and has spots on both sides of all 4 pistons where it had been hitting the head.

new Ford gasket and its back together still ticks but not nearly as bad. i am just going to live with it this car has never not had a tick so i dont care anymore. my blue contour had no tick even with a bad headgasket so if the engine in the green one goes i have a spare.

been driving it the last couple days getting used to driving a strick again. been used the driving my moms taurus wagon untill i totalled it and then now the 07 taurus so its hard to get used to a rough riding small car again.

Back