• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

1995 Contour Firewall

contourgl95

CEG'er
Hey guys my name is Rick , i been on this website for quite some time , i just have been reading alot more then posting..

but i need your help:laugh:

SO i have some dual subwoofers and i wired it all great (being a 16 year old this is new to me) but i want to run my power wire to my engine bay, but i cant find the firewall:cry::help:
can someone please provide some info on where it is or even a picture , im seriously out of doubt and i need someone to help me ,

i appreciate it alot!
Rick

That doesnt matter, the firewall is the same.

The firewall is the sheet of metal at the back of the engine bay. it separates the engine bay from the passenger compartment.

You dont even have to drill a hole in the firewall to run a power wire, i ran a 2GA cable through it without drilling a whole. you just have to find the cutouts.

With an ATX, you can run the wire through the teardrop grommet where the clutch (which obviously is nonexistent on the ATX) goes for the MTX. Otherwise, you can go through the center of the cowl.

I have a 5 speed manual trans.

do you have any pictures you can show me to lead me in the right direction i honestly dont know where to run it?
thanks

ill see if i can get some pics. basically, you remove the plastic cowl piece (under the wipers) and run it through that section. you can get it into that section via 1 of 2 different grommets and then punch a whole in the "tape" that is covering a hole into the cabin. from there run it behind the fuse box, and down the side of the car under the trim panel on the floor. from there you can come up under the back seat and feed it into the trunk.

Back