• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

14" steel wheels on Contour SVT?

Torquemonster

CEG'er
Would 14" steel rims fit an SVT with stock brakes? I'm looking to get snows and I have an opportunity to get some 14" contour GL rims for next to free but dont know if they'd fit.

In general, no. There may be some 14" wheel somewhere that will clear (like I've made 17" wheels fit over 14" brakes on a mustang before) but in general, not a snowball's chance.

In general, no. There may be some 14" wheel somewhere that will clear (like I've made 17" wheels fit over 14" brakes on a mustang before) but in general, not a snowball's chance.
What are you smoking? It's not like he has a big brake kit.

I run 14" steelies every winter.

snowa.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet! So it will fit then. Thats great. The 14" rims cost nothing and the tires are the price of bubblegum :) Well at least compared to the 16" snows that were my last set on my stock rims.

14 inch wheels do not fit over ther SVT front brakes, you need 15" wheels ... trust me, 15" wheels are a tight fit as it is ...

that isn't what he is saying, he is saying the depending on the wheel a 14" wheel may fit the SVT.
Oh alright. That's weird.. I'm 99% positive mine are 14s but I'm 300 miles from home.

But I didn't buy these wheels.. when I bought the car the previous owner gave them to me. I guess he found the right wheel to fit :shrug:

Sorry Rar :)

Last edited:
Back