• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

1/8 mile times

98TredSVT

Veteran CEG'er
I know a bunch of guys going to the 1/8 mile strip really near by me this Friday and was just wondering if people have some 1/8 mile time slips to share. I almost don't even want to run just cause I'd rather do the 1/4 mile but none of those tracks are within reasonable distance.

well I have a LSD diff, headers, ltweight flywheel, so I'm hoping for 9s, my roll resistors are so sloppy though that's the only thing that I need to fix

A good driver probably gets a stock or about stock svt into the nines.

You're right.. but the percentage of GOOD drivers to "drivers" is so low, I don't even bother with what's technically capable.. I was just shooting for what's more probable.

At Fun Ford Weekend this past year prior to my optimized tb and exhaust, Keep in mind this was at Commerce (crappy track for fwd cars) with a rear valve cover leak I was running 9.9 and 10.0's consistantly.

nice, iirc, no one has put drag slick on the car because they snap the stock half shafts. but if you get the stage 2's you shouldnt have a problem.

the stage 2 axles were found to be made of the same material, in certain sections.

Yes I will be getting the stage 2's and having them cryoe'd to make them stronger, anything thats made of steel that I get will be cryoe'd prior to install, including heads,rods ect.

I ran my car on the 1/8 course here in Monroe. I have a 3L with a Torsen. I had a hard time getting traction, due to all of the rubber on the ground, my street tires and a broken transmission mount. My best time was 9.115. I just lost to a 90 something Mustang 5.0 convertable with auto transmission.

I can not find my time slip at the moment, so I can not scan it in. Sorry.

Back