• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

01+ Port Matched 3L Mystique on SE Cams

Avey

CEG'er
I had the person I sold my car to dyno the Mystique last night as my buddy just got a job at a dyno shop and they and hooked up a good deal. It put down 201.1 WHP and 191.9 WTQ. I still have my mods listed in my sig. I performed this swap back in April 2005, it has about 40K KM on it now. It's running Y2KSVTs old 19 lb injectors. It has a superchips generic chip and a AFC to dial in the A/F. On the first run it put down 198.3 WHP and 193.8 WTQ and the AFR was at about 10.1, we dialed it in to about 12.5 it may have picked up a couple HP here and there. I used the stock non-SVT 2.5 cams on this motor. I didn't want to spend $400 USD on a set of SVT cams back then and I took DemonSVT's advice and used the stock SE cams rather than the 3.0L cams.

She's a nice little sleeper :D

Here is a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtyG6YO7aPI Needs a resonator I know lol.

and here is the plot

Dyno1.jpg

Here is my new project

Pic_0_010.jpg

Hoping to double the Mystique's numbers this time around with this :)

PDR_0773.jpg

Avey those are nice numbers. Who did the dyno and how much? Send me a PM if you can I'm not too far from Sauga.

Aaron

Are you running the split port intake? or the full 3L intake manifold? What are you running for exhaust?

check out his sig, looks like 3l split port lim, SVT UIM, and 2.5" exhaust, I'm guessing trubendz

Yeah, I deserved that. I was in a hurry and being lazy.

Numbers look pretty decent.

If I can ever finish mine, it will be similar with the differences being full oval port, w/ the ST220 intake, and the SVT cams, so it will be an interesting comparison.

Yeah, I deserved that. I was in a hurry and being lazy.

Numbers look pretty decent.

If I can ever finish mine, it will be similar with the differences being full oval port, w/ the ST220 intake, and the SVT cams, so it will be an interesting comparison.

Yeah I'm running a 99 3L split port lower intake manifold, converted the linkage etc to make it fit, it's basically a SVT lower now. The exhaust was done locally, it has the same muffler as the Trubendz system on it.

I am trying to convince the guy that bought it to get it tuned for 94 octane. The car was running really rich and I'm sure the plugs were fouled, the air filter was dirty as hell, it hadn't been cleaned in over 20K KM and was almost black. I'm sure that didn't help. I'm thinking with a tune for 94 octane with fresh plugs and clean air filter, it might put down over 210? It has a high flow cat on it, when I had it I was running catless and it felt a little stronger up top. Also the LSD seemed to slow it down a tad too, I put that a few months before selling it anyone know if that eats up a bit of power? I'm pretty happy with the numbers, didn't really know what to expect with the non SVT cams.

TAG Racecraft just built a turbo Cobalt SS and are in the process of fitting a twinscrew blower to the 2.0 Ecotecs...they seem to be a really crazy place. Built a turbo 2.4 Solstice in a weekend too I believe...

Back