• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Why would they do this!!??

I know around us there are a couple vetts's and some Z28's, but if you look closely youc an tell it's a cop, but you have to be within about 5 cars to see. I just look at the plates, because police cars, even unmarked, have to have some kind of designation on them.

I don't have pics of the EVO but there is one around here. From what I have heard they just picked it up from an impound a few months ago and are trying to use it to cut down on some of the street racing around here. I don't think that it is on the roads daily but it is quite often.

I'll add some pics. Here is a Z06 cop near us.
police_corvette_z06.jpg

But i'm glad we're not getting chased by these...

In the UK
uk_cop_car_01.jpg

Japan...
japcop-03.jpg

japcop-02.jpg

technically if a cop in an unmarked car does anything that might encourage some one to do something illegal (revving the engine) that is entrapment.

i also like the idea of different types of unmarked cars, because as matty said it keeps people on their toes.
and maybe people will stop hanging out in my blind spot because they think i am a cop...sheesh so what if i drive a crown vic with a spotlight on it..i am not a cop!

yeah we have a few Chargers running around my are but they look like cop cars,,stars on the doors and black wheels with chrome caps ewww. but i don't think i would be able to outrun him

Yea here in MN we have the new charger(HEMI and V6 styles) as police cars. We also have the new jeep. Nothing special but in MN i dont think they need a zo6 cop car. We've got helicopters:)

Watch it in Florida. Troop K has

Mustangs
Camaros
Corvette (one only as far as I know)
Marauders
Suburbans
Excursions

The Camaros & Vette are marked, but all the others are UNMARKED.

Those vehicles are IN ADDITION TO their regular fleet of Crown Vics and other patrol vehicles.

The cop by Flagstaff is an ass. If he sees a mod'd car, he'll ride up on their rear bumper, fly past (I guess that's not too unusual for a cop), then slow down... rev his engine next to the car, speed up and slow back down to match the cars speed. He is encouraging the other driver to do something he might not normally do (people don't normally race on the interstate around there). That is entrapment, and I cannot wait until he is caught on camera.

The cop by Flagstaff is an ass. If he sees a mod'd car, he'll ride up on their rear bumper, fly past (I guess that's not too unusual for a cop), then slow down... rev his engine next to the car, speed up and slow back down to match the cars speed. He is encouraging the other driver to do something he might not normally do (people don't normally race on the interstate around there). That is entrapment, and I cannot wait until he is caught on camera.

Video tape him....

Watch it in Florida. Troop K has

Mustangs
Camaros
Corvette (one only as far as I know)
Marauders
Suburbans
Excursions

The Camaros & Vette are marked, but all the others are UNMARKED.

Those vehicles are IN ADDITION TO their regular fleet of Crown Vics and other patrol vehicles.

yeah and they are crazy also, I had a old white haired cop swing his camaro across the medium on the Bee Line through the tall grass at the time and take off to pull someone over right in front of me, needless to say I was like :shocked:

technically if a cop in an unmarked car does anything that might encourage some one to do something illegal (revving the engine) that is entrapment.

It is not entrapment because the cop is not forcing you into doing anything. If he revs his engine, it is your choice to rev back, light up the tires, and take off. You could have chose to ignore the cop revving his engine instead. It is all your choice and therefore is not entrapment.

actually, its not entrapment if he is baiting you to do something you are likely to do. for example: if he were to pull up next to your mom and tell her ill bet you $500 my POS chevy truck can outrun your mbz. that would be entrapment because he encouraged her to do something illegal that she would not normally do.

In most states, a successful entrapment defense requires the defendant to prove three things:

-The idea of committing the crime came from law enforcement officers, rather than the defendant.
-The law enforcement officers induced the person to commit the crime. Courts have traditionally maintained a high burden of proof for inducement. Simply affording the defendant the opportunity to commit the crime does not constitute inducement. For inducement to be proved, officers must have used coercive or persuasive tactics.
-The defendant was not ready and willing to commit this type of crime before being induced to do so. If an undercover cop bought cocaine from a person carrying a kilogram of the drug, the seller could not plead entrapment, even if coercion were involved in the sale, since his intent to sell was clear. Most courts also allow a defendant's predisposition to be demonstrated through prior conduct or reputation.

If a cop in an unmarked car blows by you and you catch up, that's not entrapment. If pulls up next to you, revs, swerves, etc, you might have a good case. A good lawyer could probably win the case for you. John DeLorean was found not guilty for selling cocaine to undercovers cops due to entrapment.

In Avondale/Glendale they use Ford Expeditions, and at least 1 champagne/brown colored Intrepid (my buddy and i got pulled over by it) They're starting to use fwd impala's now from what i've seen. :mad:

Sounds like you may of had a go at the GTO ? What happened ? :laugh:

In Kansas City Metro area (Johnson, Wyandotte, Leavenworth and Douglas counties in Kansas; Jackson, Cass, Clay, and Johnson counties in Missouri) they have the following (and this may not be a full list):

Crown Vics (Marked and unmarked)
Intrepids (Smaller cities)
Chargers (EVERYONE is getting one now...all hemis)
Impalas (Smaller cities)
F-150 4x4s (Park ranger and special units (drug enforcement, etc.))
Expiditions (Sherriffs mainly)
Grand Prixs (Unmarked)
Blazers (Park rangers)
Silverados (Park rangers/Hiway Patrol Motorist assist/DOT)
Econoline E-150 to E-350 vans (Paddywagons)
Windstars (motorist assist)
Focus' (Parking patrol)
S-10s/Rangers (Parking Patrol)
Z28 Camaros (High-speed persuit units)
Mustang GTs (High-speed Persuit units)
Suburbans (Tac/SWAT)
Excursions (Tac/SWAT/Special assignment)

thats all I can think of right now....I'll see if I can get pix of some of them.

Back