• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Blacked Out Rear End...

am i the only one that thinks that center light thing would look sick painted to match the color of the car?

am i the only one that thinks that center light thing would look sick painted to match the color of the car?

yea, before i saw the pictures.. i thought it was going to be a black csvt.. because blacking that "center light thing" on a black csvt would look sweet

I never liked a painted center, on any color, period.

Tinted however is pure sex. :drool: I've been planning on doing mine for a while now. Instead of Nite-Shades, I'm just going to use the RC stuff. Much easier with the gloss already built right into it.

LOL, wasnt implying you didnt know what you were talking about bro, just didnt want folks to go asking for paint and being turned away thats all.

no no i wasnt mad or anything lol. good point. i think you won on this lol. but great wright up!

yea, before i saw the pictures.. i thought it was going to be a black csvt.. because blacking that "center light thing" on a black csvt would look sweet
Exactly. It looks absolutely sick on black.

Nice how to! clear clear clear!

Here are a few quic shots from this morning. I'm leaning toward a matte clear to give it a little bit of gloss.

DSCF3085-1.jpg

DSCF3086.jpg

DSCF3087.jpg

Curious, whats the circle thing on the left side of the car? Looks like where a trunk key thing was but thats on the otherside of the car.

Curious, whats the circle thing on the left side of the car? Looks like where a trunk key thing was but thats on the otherside of the car.

LOL, your the second person to ask me that.

Thats the residue from a decal the previous owner had on the car. I just havent taken the goo gone to it yet.

AHH ok, it looked to be inbedded or something inside the sheet metal...I couldnt figure it out. Thanks for clearing it up.

is there anywhere else u can get that rctint besides like a hobbie store. or is there anything similar to it that will pretty much do the same thing? thanks

is there anywhere else u can get that rctint besides like a hobbie store. or is there anything similar to it that will pretty much do the same thing? thanks

The VHT night shades stuff, but its like 20 bux a can.

Thats why I stick with the RCTINT

yeah i def didnt want to spend 20$ on the nightshade b4. and that jdm smoke shade thats like 30$ a can..i think il try 2 find the rctint.. thanks

Badevo, your work looks top notch and you did a great how-to. If it were me though I think I would have RC tinted the center reflector along w/ the tails so it looks more uniform. It's all up to what you like and personal preference though. Regardless, looks like a you did a quality job on it.

I may have to get some RCtint to do mine but I have a pre-98 trunk setup on my SVT. Anyone have any pics of a pre-98 trunk/tail combo Nightshaded up on a SVT?

Oh yea one more thing....I know with Nightshades you can use something like turpentine to remove it after you have it on for a while. Can this RCtint be removed w/ something like turpentine or do you have so sand it off?

Badevo, your work looks top notch and you did a great how-to. If it were me though I think I would have RC tinted the center reflector along w/ the tails so it looks more uniform. It's all up to what you like and personal preference though. Regardless, looks like a you did a quality job on it.

I may have to get some RCtint to do mine but I have a pre-98 trunk setup on my SVT. Anyone have any pics of a pre-98 trunk/tail combo Nightshaded up on a SVT?

Oh yea one more thing....I know with Nightshades you can use something like turpentine to remove it after you have it on for a while. Can this RCtint be removed w/ something like turpentine or do you have so sand it off?

Thanks for the props man, I'm new to the community so I am just trying to contribute as much as I can.

Yeah I called the loacl scrap yard and asked about a replacement rear piece and I can scoop it up for under 30 bux so I am going to do that and see how it looks.

Yes you can wipe off the rc stuff with a acentone/water mix if you want to.

Here is a link to DPA43's pictures. He has pictures on there of tinted 98+ rear and then pictures of the pre-98 rear that has been tinted as well. All of this on a SF SVT. Hope you don't mind me whorin your car dpa!

http://www.fototime.com/ftweb/bin/ft.dll/pictures?userid={15768BCF-C447-40A6-85EB-5191DE710CD0}&inv=14CDD689015DC62&userid={15768BCF-C447-40A6-85EB-5191DE710CD0}&inv=14CDD689015DC62&albumid={E3C1394B-C2CE-4E76-A3A1-FBED455ED52A}

Last edited:
Back