• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

speaker probs

SVTJON87

Hard-core CEG'er
OK guys ever since i replaced my stock head unit the drivers speaker would cut in and out. put kappas in the car and had the same problem. so when i was installing the dash clock i looked over the harnesses ( stock and aftermarket) and realized pins were loose. took some super glue and glued the wires from the back. after testing it everything worked again. that same night i grabbed 2nd gear and then there was no sound from any speaker. i was like great i fixed one problem and caused another. so i have not gone back in there to look but something its obviously wrong with the speaker wire harness. can anyone give me some tips? i really think the problem is coming from the connections behind the head unit. thanks guys

Did you use a wiring harness from circuit city or best buy etc to wire up the radio or were the wires cut and spliced?

although harnesses are nice, in your situ i would say not so. Either a. your deck lost power due to harness and cut out, or B. your speaker/ford amp wiring lost signal due to harness number 2 and cut out, now I cant see why ALL your speakers cut out. unless A. happened. If it didn't and you know your power is good, then you have only 8 speaker wires to crimp, ditch that harness and go for straight electrical tape madness. Its up to you, maybe you can ziptie harness wires or somethin in a neat way to make the harness connects a lil better. Good luck man.

thanks for all the tips guys!! i dont have the keys to remove the HU so i have to take everything apart. i gotta find some keys lol

thanks for all the tips guys!! i dont have the keys to remove the HU so i have to take everything apart. i gotta find some keys lol

What radio is it? I worked at circuit city for 6 years there are many work arounds depending on the radio.

Go back to circuit city and get them! They sometimes tell ya "we dont give the keys back to the owner" but thats BS! i I never go to them for an install, but my friend did, they kept his keys, and new pioneer decks have RCA's that PLUG in nowadays, and they kept the RCA Plugs and "forgot" to give em back. He was a puss so I did the dirty work for him lol. I called and demanded they give em back cause thats just plain wrong.

Go back to circuit city and get them! They sometimes tell ya "we dont give the keys back to the owner" but thats BS! i I never go to them for an install, but my friend did, they kept his keys, and new pioneer decks have RCA's that PLUG in nowadays, and they kept the RCA Plugs and "forgot" to give em back. He was a puss so I did the dirty work for him lol. I called and demanded they give em back cause thats just plain wrong.

Actually thats 1000% percent against company policy and we have fired folks for that. The company see's that as stealing. EVERYTHING in the box belongs to the customer, they paid for it.

well it was a OUT OF BOX on sale pioneer HU. but i tryed to get keys from best buy once and they said no. but back when i first got my svt and had the HU installed i wasnt very good with HU. but now i would install it myself.

i have them!!! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: currently my left-rear one is out i'm guessing my poopy crimp came undone

Last edited:
Back