• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

A little interior work...

Here's a good picture of my interior:

DSCF0577Small.jpg

What color is the exterior of this car?

Black.....

hmmm..... I think black would work in this car...but it would have to have a matte finish and I would say maybe do the black interior pieces just so the shades are all the same.

I'm going to the junk yard tommorow to see if I can find a pre 98 center console, if I come acorss a MNB door panel I'm going to scoop it up just so I can test on it.

if I come acorss a MNB door panel I'm going to scoop it up just so I can test on it.

I doubt you will find one that easy. It was a 98-00 color, mostly used on SVT's. SE's could have Midnight Blue but it's not very common and the panel inserts are different.

I doubt you will find one that easy. It was a 98-00 color, mostly used on SVT's. SE's could have Midnight Blue but it's not very common and the panel inserts are different.

Ah ok, its worth a shot but thanks for the heads up!

I just looked at your cardomain.
1. Very nice car. Clean as hell
2. With that silver SVT decal on the outside I think slight silver trim inside would look nice, but thats not everyones cup of tea.

Question, and forgive me if this is common knowledge I'm still learning this platform, but did you swap out your trunk lid for a pre 98 lid and wing? Are the tail lights the same in both models?

Ah ok, its worth a shot but thanks for the heads up!

I just looked at your cardomain.
1. Very nice car. Clean as hell
2. With that silver SVT decal on the outside I think slight silver trim inside would look nice, but thats not everyones cup of tea.

Question, and forgive me if this is common knowledge I'm still learning this platform, but did you swap out your trunk lid for a pre 98 lid and wing? Are the tail lights the same in both models?

Thanks for the compliments. I've thought about doing silver interior trim for a while, but everytime I think I'm gonna do it, I back away. Something about a stock looking interior looks cleaner to me.

Pre-98 trunks are a direct swap. The trunk lid itself is the same size for all years. The outter tails from 98-00 will do fine with a Pre-98 trunk, but the inner and outter tails don't match up perfectly. The outter tails on 98-00 slant upwards to meet up with the reflectors. I just recently switched them with Pre-98 to complete it. No one even noticed when I had the wrong tails.

Thanks for the compliments. I've thought about doing silver interior trim for a while, but everytime I think I'm gonna do it, I back away. Something about a stock looking interior looks cleaner to me.

Pre-98 trunks are a direct swap. The trunk lid itself is the same size for all years. The outter tails from 98-00 will do fine with a Pre-98 trunk, but the inner and outter tails don't match up perfectly. The outter tails on 98-00 slant upwards to meet up with the reflectors. I just recently switched them with Pre-98 to complete it. No one even noticed when I had the wrong tails.

Well I've spent the better part of a week on here and thats gotta be one of the cleanest looking cars on the site. Looks great!

I know what you mean about clean. I just reently got rid of the white accents that were in the EVO as well as the 6 gauges. I went with a more clean interior and I like it alot.

Thanks for the info on the trunks, I like the pre 98 spoiler. I may have to find one and have it "customized". << More on that at a later date.

Well I've spent the better part of a week on here and thats gotta be one of the cleanest looking cars on the site. Looks great!

Thanks. I haven't posted many pictures of it lately, but a lot is being changed in the spring time (performance and aesthetics). But that's on the DL until it's complete. :cool:

ok thanks. but i was wondering will spray paint work for it or do i have to use the vinyl. also is there a way to take out the screen or do i have to paint it on the door pannel?

ok thanks. but i was wondering will spray paint work for it or do i have to use the vinyl. also is there a way to take out the screen or do i have to paint it on the door pannel?

YES, you can do both, but I would advise NEITHER>

1. Spray paint will crack and peel alot sooner then the viynl dye. Hell you can go buy dupli color vinyl spray at advance auto, just dont use regular spray paint.

2. The panels are all "plastic welded" together, so yes you can take the grill off but you would catch hell getting it all back together.

Thanks for the info on the trunks, I like the pre 98 spoiler. I may have to find one and have it "customized". << More on that at a later date.

Nice work on the interior. Very clean and sleek.

P.S.
My PM box was filled to 100% after I sent you the PM about the lip spoiler. I have since cleared up a little space. Let me know if you want the spoiler.

Nice work on the interior. Very clean and sleek.

P.S.
My PM box was filled to 100% after I sent you the PM about the lip spoiler. I have since cleared up a little space. Let me know if you want the spoiler.

Thanks man.

I'm gonna go by the salvage yard tommorow to see if I can find a servicable trunk, I'll let you know.

So I cant ever leave well enough alone so I went to the salvage yard and found a pre 98 center console....as you can see it wasnt perfect...but we're working on it! ;)

DSCF3101.jpg

DSCF3103.jpg

DSCF3102.jpg

DSCF3106.jpg

And after a bath...the modifications begin. The trim panel was very faded and really showed its age so I figured I can take care of that.

DSCF3109.jpg

DSCF3111.jpg

After some prep and very light sanding....
DSCF3113.jpg

DSCF3114.jpg

DSCF3116.jpg

DSCF3117.jpg

DSCF3118.jpg

Not too far from the original color which wasnt black but like a dark grey, textured and has a lil shine to it.

if you need the bezel around the lighter or a cloth armrest in good condition drop my a pm I have them ...

Back