• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Spring/Brand Pic Post!

theSCHAFF

Hard-core CEG'er
I would like you guys to post pictures of your car and list what springs your running so i know what each brand/stance looks like!

I'm currently running H&R but am considering Intrax for the extra 1/2" drop

Gracias! :help:

H&R is a much higher quality spring. I'd say keep them until you are ready to buy coilovers. Then you can have the best quality and ride height you prefer. I am of course talking about Koni/Eibach or (The much sought after and impossible to obtain without multiple people in on the deal), D2's.

and a problem with just concidering springs the strut also play a part in the stance of the car ... The ST220 struts have the purch 1 inch lower then the standard struts on our car, so it would sit even lower with certain struts when compaired to the same springs on different struts as an example ...

H&R is a much higher quality spring. I'd say keep them until you are ready to buy coilovers. Then you can have the best quality and ride height you prefer. I am of course talking about Koni/Eibach or (The much sought after and impossible to obtain without multiple people in on the deal), D2's.

:cool:

left car is eibach and mines the right with the D2's set to slam [about a half inch of clearance on the fender wells and it has never rubbed]

img1519zp2.jpg

but heres its normal driving height
dsc00661wd2.jpg

:cool:

left car is eibach and mines the right with the D2's set to slam [about a half inch of clearance on the fender wells and it has never rubbed]

img1519zp2.jpg

but heres its normal driving height
dsc00661wd2.jpg

did you ever get the dents out of your fender that you showed me at hooters?

This is why I didnt go w/ the Koni "Kit". Not a fan of the raked stance. It seems the way the rear bumper is shaped even a tiny bit of rake really raises the rear end/bumper ALOT. Look at the rear bumpers between these 2 cars. The red bumper looks angled up considerably more even though it is actually lower. Thats the only thing I didnt care for w/ the koni "kit"

PS Got my Koni's in today. WOOT!

Will be going on next week. Koni's w/ Eibach's :D

Picture049.jpg

Will be going on next week. Koni's w/ Eibach's :D

Hope you like ass sag more than raked then! The Eibach springs give the appearance that your back is sagging... it actually isn't, but the slightly lower rear wheel opening edge makes it look like it is. I liked my car's stance more with the GC's than with the Eibachs, but it's still good.

Hope you like ass sag more than raked then! The Eibach springs give the appearance that your back is sagging... it actually isn't, but the slightly lower rear wheel opening edge makes it look like it is. I liked my car's stance more with the GC's than with the Eibachs, but it's still good.

I already have the Eibach's on. There is virtually no ass sag even with a speaker box, 12 in sub, amp, car jack, spare tire, misc things etc. I think I will be happy w/ the Koni/Eibach result. If I wanted raked I would have picked up a set of H&R fronts since I have a brand new set of H&R rears (got for free).

Also here is the same setup: Koni W/ Eibach notice any ass sag? :shrug:

2272932_3_full.jpg

If I do not like this setup then I will get B&G's. They have a very nice low/level drop.

Back