• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New Paint?

svttouruofl

CEG'er
I think that I am getting ready to have my car repainted and I was just curious as to what people's opinions were and what color they would do. Also if anyone has any pics of a contour that isn't a factory color I would really like to see them. Any suggestions?

I haven't really decided yet. I am in the process of planning a 3L swap and turboing it so if I did that I would most likely have everything done. Also I was kind of thinking of something on the darker side....not a real bright color, but I am only beginning to look so maybe something here might catch my eye.

The time to do it would be with the engine is out of the car. What color is the car now? You could always just have a pearl sprayed over the top.

my car has been 3 after market colors .u definatly must paint engine compartment or you will never want to open your hood. pics on top of page 1 on cardomain under baggedCSVT range rover gray color looks way better in person lighting in shop sux!!! http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2545349

Last edited:
Gray Graphite Pearl from the Lexus IS300

Pictures cannot do the color justice.... its awesome!

otherwise do something bright like World Rally Blue from Subaru!

010207145-00.jpg
pic of range rover gray

Last edited:
Were there supposed to be pics in this post???? I'm not seeing anything. :confused:

no, but you can click the link in the signature... its very pearly but tends to photograph black in pictures...

it looks alot like that range rover picture in person but MUCH more pearl and depth...

*edit* I think this is the best picture I can find right now that shows some of the pearl and depth of when its in the sun... its super pearly and sorta liquid looking... its hard to explain but its not just grey and its not just gunmetal... its one of the coolest paints out there and is relatively cheap as its alot of pearls but a single stage paint. - Also matches Carbon Fiber perfectly!

normal_PICT0046.jpg

Last edited:
that color is tight!! Next time i get a repaint i know what i'm going with.

Yea I like that color as well. I was considering a pewter color or possibly a midnight blue. My car is currently black so if I did have pearl over the black what would that look like. I haven't seen many cars with pearl on them in person.

i personally liek the fsvt blue that my friend has on his car (fsvt) its a factory color but the new paint is so bright nad turns a kinda purpuley color in the right light but the blue is great
Jon

ive seen that graphite pearl in person it is a very nice color. pictures dont do it justice.

agreed, its really hard to photograph... all I can tell you is that no one ever expects the car to be grey at all until they see it in person... in my opinion its the only color that could hold its own next to that Lambo paint which was 800 a pint and nothing but all pearls for the base and main coats.

If I ever repaint anything I own again I will go with the graphite pearl again -- I love that color!!

Back