• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pics of my '98 T-red E0

SVTMann

New CEG'er
PICT0156_sm.jpg

PICT0155_sm.jpg

PICT0143.jpg

PICT0144.jpg

PICT0135.jpg

PICT0147.jpg

It's for sale if anyone wants it! Check the classifieds and PM me.

Blah Goonz you're right ... :drool: .. such low mileage and good condition for a T-red E0!

... but I definitely gotta pay off my Maxima first.

Thanks for the compliments guys! It's definately not in concourse condition or anything but she has been a good car. Always started and got me where I was going, sometimes faster than some people would have liked!

why would you be selling it? I would love to pick that up...

Too bad a) I cant afford it and b) you live in CA

I would have preferred the sunroof! The reason I am slowly attempting to get rid of it is purely for the fact that my commute to work just got larger and I want something cheap and economical before i decide on another 'big boy' ride next year.

I am in no hurry to get rid of her...in fact i'll probably end up doing the things that she needs like the brakes and a tune...i just want her to go to a good home. She is a rather rare bird among dodo's.

Um Todras, all E0 and E1 T-reds had the MNB interior. It wasn't till 1999 that SVT did away with MNB in T-red and went with Prairie Tan.

I think SVT #6 is a T-red E0 without moonroof too.

This car is precisely what I'm shopping for - an excellent-condition, largely unmodified T-red E0 (particularly aesthetically), except the no-moonroof bit. Just have to wait a year or so to save up though.

Last edited:
Um Todras, all E0 and E1 T-reds had the MNB interior. It wasn't till 1999 that SVT did away with MNB in T-red and went with Prairie Tan.

I think SVT #6 is a T-red E0 without moonroof too.

This car is precisely what I'm shopping for - an excellent-condition, largely unmodified T-red E0 (particularly aesthetically), except the no-moonroof bit. Just have to wait a year or so to save up though.

Yeah, but he was referring to the no-sunroof setup... I can only guess why someone would order a car w/o a no-charge sunroof.

Might make it worth more in like 30 years.

From what I understand they weren't 'custom' ordered with no sunroofs. Apparently in the first batch delivered there were a handful of E0 SVT's without a sunroof just because. I would probably think that there MAY be 2-3 on this site which would account for 50% out there.

That is one of the more rare SVTC combos. An E0 with red/blue and no sunroof.

lol and mine is one more step with only a cassette player :crazy:

... I got to remedy that one of these days listening to only the radio is getting old

God I wish my SVT didn't have a sun roof, sitting up right with spiky hair and a 6foot+ frame does not work. I never hit my head on my Mystique but in the SVT I have to crouchg.

God I wish my SVT didn't have a sun roof, sitting up right with spiky hair and a 6foot+ frame does not work. I never hit my head on my Mystique but in the SVT I have to crouchg.
I wouldn't mind the inconvenience if it meant I was 6'+. :eek:

hey everyone, Im Evan, and i bought this car. its just as sweet as the pics if not sweeter. Nick took very good care of it and i am going to do the same. So far i have put on brand new goodyears for about $420 at discount, and installed a sirius satellite radio to add to the 20 gig hard drive in the trunk and cd mp3 deck, and not to mention barely gotten the hang of driving it. Its my first stick shifter so if you see me stall out dont laugh...:laugh:

Let me tell you, im in love with this car. Once i found out about the svt contour i didnt even look at any other makes or models. but It is parked right next to my '66 mustang coupe project with 69k original miles. The paint on the mustang is a bit worn and needs total respray on one side but it runs and drives with about 3 miles (seriously) on a total engine (6 cyl for cruising and save gas $$) and tranny rebuild (auto). The enginge hasnt even been broken in, but currently im doing the brakes, the carb is off for cleaning but ready to go back on, and as soon as i get a new fuel tank and flush out the fuel lines that baby is going in for paint, still havent decided where and either im going to keep both or sell one and put all the money into the other. I think id like to keep both though.

Also i have a 96 dodge caravan that has been in my family since new, its on its third trans and we just now figured out why it keeps dropping into first and exploding at freeway speeds; first the brake sensor would stick on and tell it to downshift but we got that fixed and now the speed sensor went and the speedometer goes wacky right before the downshift. The problem stems from an aftermarket alarm system that was poorly installed and shorts somewhere, but also there is a leaky vacuum pump in there thats messing with the sensors (not to mention making the van sound like a broken down UFO) . but now thats all on the back burner because it works fine if i keep it under 30 anyways and no one really drives it anymore. Also it looks like a turd.

Back