• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Appraise my car

KingpinSVT

Hard-core CEG'er
As is. With how crappy prices are right now Im wondering what people are willing to pay for cared for, modded SVTs.

Mods are on my cardomain page. Approx 85,000 miles, paint has typical black snowflake effect on roof and trunk, but still shines nicely. Mechanically fine.

Im trying to decide whether I want to bother selling it privately or trade it in. If traded in, some things would obviously stay with me (rims, TCAs, XM, sub, mirko, xcal, Maybe: exhaust, 3 gauge pillar). Im thinking with me selling some of the parts it may not be worth the hassle to sell privately.

Plus I think I want it gone this month, and we all know timelines arent generally short with private sales.

Ill post my thoughts after I get a general idea. My feeling is Im being pretty fair, but lets see.

Don't expect to get any more than 4000.00 if you trade it in. I would say a fair asking price with everything that can be seen on the car now, would be 5600.00-6100.00. It's a good looking car and if all maintenance has been kept up and you have the documantation to prove it, you would be on the high side of that figure. Of course, the value is seen by the eye of the buyer. You may get more than what you expect.

i'd say 5,000 on the high side. especially if you want to get rid of it fast and can't sit on it and wait for someone willing to pay a higher price.

book value is a killer for these cars, and you should know as well as anyone else mods don't = higher resale value.

Yeah I know mods dont really mean squat, hence my willingness to just trade it in if I can sell them off one at a time.

I think if I could hit $4000 trade and keep some things I could come out all right.

I was thinking $5300 to $5800 privately with the whole show, maybe less with me keeping some things. Im suppose I could start pulling things off this weekend.

I was thinking $5300 to $5800 privately with the whole show, maybe less with me keeping some things. Im suppose I could start pulling things off this weekend.

like i said, unless you can afford to sit on it for several months i doubt it. book value isn't even that high.

Imho you'll probably get the most selling the stock svt privatly (or as close as you can get) and then all of the mods separately. (No one is going to pay full market cost for all those mods tacked onto the base price of the car)

plus you can usually get more selling private than trading in (simply because the dealer has to then turn around and sell it and make money off it.)

These posts are killin me!! I don't have the money to buy one and it's just another one, more than likely, out of the CEG garage. Some kid or clown will buy it and it'll end up wrapped around a pole.

I honestly can't see me ever selling mine. It's a real shame you have to.

seriously, i had more in my car than kingpin and still only got $3500. granted, it needs some paint, but there was atleast 10,000 bucks in mods done.

Mods dont add value and his car has less miles and (as far as i can remember) no visual flaws/need for paint.

id say 5000 is not unobtainium

Mods dont add value and his car has less miles and (as far as i can remember) no visual flaws/need for paint.

id say 5000 is not unobtainium

his paint is blemished and 15k miles is not a huge difference.

we already know mods don't add to resale value, it's been said several times already. I'm just making the point that it's not out of the question to get $4000-4500, but he's gonna have to sit on it for a while. in which case it'll only depreciate more. dont' forget insurance costs incurred while holding on to it as well.

Last edited:
Back