• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

It has begun!

This is more of what I think it'll look like:
eab6fef8.jpg

This was just a little to over the top; with the 19" Audi A8L wheels and all. :crazy:
278249_254_full.jpg

And here's my old car running over a racoon. Notice the custom one-off rock crawling suspension.
278249_228_full.jpg

No pics Thursday night. I've been outside all day. It never got above 30* in the sun; the windchill was in the low teens all day. I'm gonna roll up in some blankets and go to sleep. I'll post pics tomorrow.

The wheels look good, reeeeeal good. :cool: Who's that guy on the boards that does all kinds of vinyl stuff? I need center cap covers.

I took some pics tonight with my new tri-pod, but they all suck, so I deleted them. I'll think about maybe taking some pictures tomorrow while I'm in ATL.

Here are a couple pics I took today.
eaa03264.jpg

eaa0325b.jpg

Front:
eaa03255.jpg

Rear:
eaa03153.jpg

Lip:
eaa03254.jpg

eaa03166.jpg

eaa03163.jpg

They are 16" Nippon F-2 Racing wheels, 15lbs each, silver finish, +40 offset wrapped in 225/50/16 Kumho Ecsta SPT tires. The rears will tuck nicely when lowered, but I'll need to roll the front fenders since the tires are already flush with the body. I think the stance is really wide and athletic; just needs to be lowered. :laugh:

I still need to get ahold of ParkedCar for some centcap covers. :idea:

Yeah, definately need to lower it, looks like ur getting ready for some off-roading with that ride height and tire size. But good choice none the less. Lookin good.

Robert

All I can see is red boxes, but I'm sure those rims look great, but don't you think you got those tires a bit too early, I mean they'll be bald by the time I come down there in October:crazy:

Now the pics work and WOW!:drool: :drool: :drool:

That offset really looks great, how much more do you have now or is it the width of the tires/wheels or a combination of both? Either way...DAMN! I've said it a million times and I'm sure others agree with me, tires/wheels make ALL the difference in the world and its the reason why it should be your first mod, period! I can't wait to see it lowered down w/ some angel eyes, its a must on a VeeDub:cool:

Once again Eric, great job, love the wheels but make sure you get ahold of Mike (parkedcar) and get some of his custom decals for the centercaps, that will really finish up a great tire/wheel combo:drool: :drool: :drool:

Last edited:
Thanks, Roger. They are 225 wide tires versus the stock 195's, so there's 20mm extra width right there. The wheels are +40 offset, and IIRC the stock wheels are around +30ish??? I've already talked to a fella at work that works at a body shop and he's gonna help me out with the gimped fender and scratched bumper. I'm going to get a new fender and a Reiger front lower valence lip spoiler before the body shop gets a hold of it. I still have an aftermarket grill I havn't installed, and I think that'll look real nice, too.

As for ParkedCar, he told me he put my center caps in the mail 2-21-07; you're behind the times, Roger. ;)

Back